2013 Suburban About To Follow Me Home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveryd

Reaction score
So the skies parted long enough to mow the lawn and snap a photo. Black on black (leather) with drug dealer (or secret service - who ya wanna be associated with?) tint. Hope to get more after I get it cleaned up a bit. And it quits raining.
Great looking rig! The 2500's are getting more scarce by the day. I have an '04 Yukon XL 2500 with pretty much all the available options for the day. I don't think I will ever sell it. I like everything about it other than the 8.1l fuel economy. My dream vehicle would be a Duraburb but that's definitely out of my price range for now.

Great looking truck! Enjoy it.

OP
OP
bobsburban

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Finally did a deep dive with my mechanic on the new beast yesterday. It's in about the same shape as the 1500 'Burb was when I got it. Leaking radiator, needs all fluids changed out, and new shocks and bump stops. That's really about it. Good news is I still have the other aluminum radiator I had repaired in hopes of selling it after it let go and Cold Case sent me a replacement under warranty for the 1500. So it's going in early on even though it's just a bit of weeping in the plastic side. Previous owner had a Tru-Cool transmission cooler installed so I don't even have to worry about that - other than doing a better job of mounting it when we switch radiators. Bilstein 5100s all around and repair the passenger side torsion key where some jack-leg tightened it on a diagonal instead of keeping it vertical. Have no idea how the hell you do that.

Other odds n ends like a broken drivers side door pull where someone trying to get in the car pushed down on it too hard but basically it's in good shape. Need to get the passenger air bag replaced and see how badly the stealership screws up the dashboard. May be doing another Dashskin after that, plus a door panel. Switching the onboard air compressor over from the 1500 and then I'll sell it.

Nice truck! Looks like those are probably 285/70R17s (33s) on the H2 wheels, so you've got a mild lift too. At minimum cranked front torsion keys but it looks similar to mine that I've lifted about 2" front and rear and still had to do some trimming and front fender liner reshaping to not rub.View attachment 433928

You nailed that on the head. I wondered if those were H2 wheels. The tires are 6 year old K0-2s, so slicker than bat shit in the rain but I'm going to try to nurse them through until the first of the year. That white looks good, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thest1217