2013 Tahoe ac issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jc_chapman11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few days ago the ac started making a noise that is coming from under the dash passenger side. When this happens the ac still blows cold but is barely blowing at all. Turn the fan speed to high and the noise stops and starts working again. I thought maybe it was a blend door of the blower motor. When this happens neither the drivers side or passing side starts blowing hot, air isn’t diverted to the defrost or to the floor like most blend door issues. Fan works on all speeds.
All 3 pig tails on the harness aren’t burnt and didn’t see any hot spots or melted wires on the harness.
So I swapped the resistor and blower out of my 2013 Sierra in it and the problem persisted. I reached in the hole for the blower and didn’t feel any trash or anything other than 2-3 single pieces of pine straw.

Before I start throwing money and time and tear it apart to replace the blend doors I’d like some input on what it could be.
We have a 12 hour drive coming this Saturday 6/21/24 and I’d rather the ac not quit on us on the way. I am stumped at this point.

Video uploaded to 1st reply.

OP
OP
J

jc_chapman11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took it on the trip and it messed up twice, the accumulator is freezing up. Any help input would be much appreciated as it’s been posted for 11 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cee_M3