2013 Tahoe, Help Needed.Engine quits after key release from start position.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeyrw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2013 Tahoe, Help Needed.Engine quits after key release from start position. Turns over and starts then immediately dies at run position?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Is there any back story to this occurring? Recent work on truck or other changes made?

Tapped on fuel tank to verify fuel is present and gauge is working?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

My first thought is that your ignition switch may be starting to fail.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if it was working before and you didn't do anything to it other than start it up and have this happen, then my first guess is ignition switch.
does everything shut off when you release the key? as if you turned the key off? or just the engine?
a scanner that can see the ignition switch position may help as rap may still work but key is showing as off, one way to tell would be to open the drivers door with the key in run and see if the radio shuts off or not. just something to check out maybe.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your Driver's Information Center or gauge cluster show any error messages? Specifically, your Security warning? May be a VATS issue.

davidavidd

Reaction score
My bets are on a bad switch, bad ground or the anti-theft system going crazy but you definitely need a bi-directional scanner to find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya

Latest posts