2013 Tahoe with thumping sound in right front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am assuming it is tied to the speed of the vehicle and not the RPM's of the motor.
When you say you noticed a thumping, it is something you are feeling or hearing?
When you are at highway speed, are you getting any vibration in the steering wheel?
When you get this thumping sound, is it more pronounced when you are turning right or turning left or no difference?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd expect a bad motor mount to be more of an issue on the left side, but either can fail, and collapse so that you have metal bits hitting one another.

I'd also have a look at the sway bar end links, and the frame mounts. If a bushing goes away, they'll rattle like crazy. If that's all good, check the shock mounts, especially at the top. Good luck!

jose1x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As stated above time to do your own detective work if you want to diy. Techs don’t usually turn down work (nothing wrong but alignment) so my 2 cents is the tire
check the drive side engine mount

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from tires/rims (which are pretty easy to eliminate) my thinking is wheel bearings. Loose/worn tie rod or centering link would likely show up in wobble felt in steering wheel and not a noise isolated to one side of the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road