2014 Yukon slow acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaning towards checking the cat converters myself.. 3rd cat was fine, but that's way downstream..

You're not kidding about the starters rattling. I removed mine for motor mounts and have never felt such a loose jangling part in my hands before!
That was one of the more obvious preventative maintenance items. Cheap and easy to boot. One knock sensor is right near the back end of it..

Curious if the OP's truck drives like mine. Seems to feel normal immediately after startup, but once it warms up in a few seconds, bog...
I really think you have bad cats !! meow

OP
OP
A

AWP84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Leaning towards checking the cat converters myself.. 3rd cat was fine, but that's way downstream..

You're not kidding about the starters rattling. I removed mine for motor mounts and have never felt such a loose jangling part in my hands before!
That was one of the more obvious preventative maintenance items. Cheap and easy to boot. One knock sensor is right near the back end of it..

Curious if the OP's truck drives like mine. Seems to feel normal immediately after startup, but once it warms up in a few seconds, bog...
No starts fine runs the same hot or cold just loss of power in 1st and 2nd it been better since I changed abs speed sensor but its still not right and starter is tight no play

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definately hook up a good scanner if you can.

In my case, I didn't see any out of whack parameters. (But did see a lot of knock retard) We may or may not have the same problem.

Currently waiting for a back pressure gauge ($18 from amazon) and will test that way. Should know this weekend..

-----------------------------

UPDATE: My backpressure is fine, next up knock sensors..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23