2015 AC Only Cold When Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sb38646

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cabin filter
After chasing a/c issues for over a year on my other vehicle, I'd suggest taking it to a reputable a/c repair shop and paying ~$150 for them to diagnose the issue and then either pay them to repair it, or repair the part yourself (if capable).

To me, I finally gave up and paid a shop diagnose the issue on my Camaro and then I bought the parts and repaired it all myself. Hindsight is 20/20.
Well cabin filter did not fix my issue. I live in rural Ms so no dealership for 30 miles and then they are iffy. Memphis would be my best option (an hr away). Local shops have found no issue with ac. Its charged . Compressor and fan works . And it blows cold if u can afford the speeding tickets.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine too when its working properly, but when its not the ac without recirculate is cooler. I know its crazy right ? I got a cabin filter yesterday. Im gonna try to get it in today if time allows.
Had a similar problem with another vehicle a couple of years ago. Turned out to be low on refrigerant. I used the gauges James shows above to determine the pressures I was seeing vs what I should be seeing at the current ambient temps outside per the standard r134a tables widely available. I was able to add about half a can of refrigerant to get the pressures back in spec.

I know you said that the local shop said it's charged, but did they really put the gauges on it? I would take it to the closest local shop with a set of gauges and start there.