2015 LTZ ride issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbhagar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ that rides rough. It has 4,800 miles and 20" wheels. You feel every bump in the road and it feels like it's coming from the rear. So far he dealer has replaced multiple tires, the drive shaft and the rear differential. It seems as if the shocks are very stiff. Is this just my imagination, is there a suspension issue or is it a very stiff truck?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the reviews I've seen about the trucks with the magnetic suspension commented on it being somewhat stiff. Mostly those comments were directed at vehicles with 22" wheels though. You may simply be more sensitive than others? What were you driving before?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocked that they replaced the drive shaft and differential for a rough ride..... they must have trained monkeys working as Techs.

OP
OP
L

lbhagar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My previous vehicle was a 2012 Yukon Denali. The differential was measured to have extra 'run out' in the ring gear, beyond specs.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, well I hope they figure it out for you. The good news is that the dealer seems to be actively trying things to fix the problem. None of that, "we couldn't replicate the problem" crap.

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that with the lt tahoe. I think these jus ride a lil rougher than the 02s. I thought it was jus the lt. Maybe I'll change the suspension. Had some after markets,put on my 02'denali non air shocks that rode,good as the air shocks if not better. But didn't tow anything thogh

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 SLT has been feeling rougher and rougher. The ride used to feel baby smooth but now I am noticing every single dimple in the road. I have had the 4wd issue twice and both times they replaced something. I wonder if it may have something to do with the tranny. Either way I am getting an oil change in a few weeks and will have em look into it.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly, I think our '15 Tahoe rides 10x smoother than our '07 Escalade. I chalk that up to the Caddy having the 22" low profile tires, whereas our Tahoe has the beefier 20's.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an appointment for next week. The service manager said they might have some ideas of what it is. They are gonna go for a ride with me. Thinking the air suspension is maxed out or something. Very stiff ride. Will report back

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 SLT has been feeling rougher and rougher. The ride used to feel baby smooth but now I am noticing every single dimple in the road. I have had the 4wd issue twice and both times they replaced something. I wonder if it may have something to do with the tranny. Either way I am getting an oil change in a few weeks and will have em look into it.

What tires do you have on there, they make a big difference and not all of them come with the same brand tires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo