2015 Yukon Denali Brake Grinding when starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benjamminharris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2015 Yukon Denali. It’s got about 112,000 miles on it. When I press down on brake pedal to start there is some sort of grinding noise coming from back left brake. My mechanic who btw is one of the best in my area looked at it, pulled the left brake apart checked slides, and says all the brakes are perfect. good lubed them up piston moves back and forth fine. Anyone else have this issue? Something maybe ABS? It just creeks. Annoying.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the emergency/parking brake on when this happens?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2015 Yukon Denali. It’s got about 112,000 miles on it. When I press down on brake pedal to start there is some sort of grinding noise coming from back left brake. My mechanic who btw is one of the best in my area looked at it, pulled the left brake apart checked slides, and says all the brakes are perfect. good lubed them up piston moves back and forth fine. Anyone else have this issue? Something maybe ABS? It just creeks. Annoying.
I do not have the answer I just know my silverado rear brakes were doing the same thing both sides were making a "creeek" noise anytime I applied the brakes, took it by the dealer and they fixed it, it was indeed pretty annoying. I believe they lubed something just not sure what. I will probably be by there tomorrow if I remember I will try and find out if there was something specific they did

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My bet is on a loose caliper bracket. Hard to check the torque on the bolts that hold it on because of the other stuff in the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369