2015i order changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbully

Reaction score
Motorwerks is the guy for this question.

My advice is don't hold your breath.
My original order is over 7 months old. Nothing makes sense yet, or has any resemblance to what we are used to from GM. Very unpredictable.

I just cancelled and reordered the i. I expect to take delivery sometime by winter 2021.

Thanks George. We'll see what he says.

I've read some of your posts about your wait (I think it was you, anyway). That's some really crappy service. My dealer has been getting the 15's in about 60-90 from time of order. He has 5 allocations available right now but my order is holding due to the wheel availability.

I need to be patient, though. I have an '09 that I take meticulous care of. I will keep enjoying it until I can get my order through.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cancelled and reordered the i. I expect to take delivery sometime by winter 2021.

I love it! I feel the same way

My dealer told me he could place an order for the 2015i today also. And he guarantied price protection from it going up. With all the issues on the 2015's I figure why not just wait for the 2016 which is rumored to have the 360 camera. It's not like its that far out at this point. I really don't feel like I'm waiting for the next best thing here. I honestly don't think they have these things ironed out yet. I've waited this long and suspect the 2016's will arrive by March. By then the inventory supplies should have exceeded the demand and gm and dealer incentives should be in full swing. When I buy this thing I want to get it right and keep it for six years. Your thoughts?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I'm pretty disappointed we are now forced to buy the motorized side steps. I just don't want them. I think they are one more thing thats really useless and will break plus the fixed ones look better. IMHO. Im tall enough that i wont use them and the first time they punch me in the shin im going to want to rip them off. Where is the important stuff like HDMI input, fully adaptive cruise, HD screen. Come on already GM. It's 2014...get with it.

Last edited:

uscgto

Reaction score
I love it! I feel the same way

My dealer told me he could place an order for the 2015i today also. And he guarantied price protection from it going up. With all the issues on the 2015's I figure why not just wait for the 2016 which is rumored to have the 360 camera. It's not like its that far out at this point. I really don't feel like I'm waiting for the next best thing here. I honestly don't think they have these things ironed out yet. I've waited this long and suspect the 2016's will arrive by March. By then the inventory supplies should have exceeded the demand and gm and dealer incentives should be in full swing. When I buy this thing I want to get it right and keep it for six years. Your thoughts?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I'm pretty disappointed we are now forced to buy the motorized side steps. I just don't want them. I think they are one more thing thats really useless and will break plus the fixed ones look better. IMHO. Im tall enough that i wont use them and the first time they punch me in the shin im going to want to rip them off. Where is the important stuff like HDMI input, fully adaptive cruise, HD screen. Come on already GM. It's 2014...get with it.

Couldn't agree with you anymore.

I'll really need something come December this year - and I am surprised with the lack of feature you just mentioned.

- HDMI input
- 360 camera (not even optional)
- Fully adaptive cruise.

I honestly want to buy a big used Escalade ESV right now and then trade that in towards a Denali in June 2015 or so.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my clients is a marketing manager for GM. We had discussed the 2016 units but it seems it would be September 2015 when these are produced. Supposedly, this September 2014 internally "should" have been the all new design and released as a 2015 model. My dealer was complaining that they still had some 2014 inventory left and it would have been nice if GM just released the 2015, with all current improvements now instead of back in 1st quarter earlier this year.

BTW, the Denali DOES have adaptive cruise control fwiw.

Regarding the Q7M 22" wheel, yes it will hold the order as there are shortages of these. I'm not quite certain when the supply will replenish. I was lucky to have an order without constraint with the Q7M wheel. Literally the first and last one in my dealer's allocation.

Last edited:

tbully

Reaction score
One of my clients is a marketing manager for GM. We had discussed the 2016 units but it seems it would be September 2015 when these are produced. Supposedly, this September 2014 internally "should" have been when the all new design was released as a 2015 model. My dealer was complaining that they still had some 2014 inventory left and it would have been nice if GM just released the 2015, with all current improvements now instead of back in 1st quarter.

BTW, the Denali DOES have adaptive cruise control fwiw.

Regarding the Q7M 22" wheel, yes it will hold the order as there are shortages of these. I'm not quite certain when the supply will replenish. I was lucky to have an order without constraint with the Q7M wheel. Literally the first and last one in my dealer's allocation.

Thanks Motor. I guess I'll keep stalking the GM Fleet / Distribution website and hope for an announcement. If you hear anything, let me know. I really appreciate all of the input you've been providing. (been reading quite a bit the past few days)

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealer was able to order the 2015i today. No pricing yet though.

SpartanS5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

George C,

Are you the same George C from thedieselstop.com forums? I hung out over there in the early and mid 2000's and remember a George C from NY and a 2003 Lariat Limited F350, one of the first 6.0's. If so, good to see you again.

On topic here, does anyone know if they will keep the column shift with the new 8 speed in the Denali? I'll be ordering one in the next couple months, but I haven't seen any indication if that will change or not.

Ozzie

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
George C,

Are you the same George C from thedieselstop.com forums? I hung out over there in the early and mid 2000's and remember a George C from NY and a 2003 Lariat Limited F350, one of the first 6.0's. If so, good to see you again.

On topic here, does anyone know if they will keep the column shift with the new 8 speed in the Denali? I'll be ordering one in the next couple months, but I haven't seen any indication if that will change or not.

Ozzie

Yep, that's me!
Hello fellow Ford truck brother..
The column shifter looks permanent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap