2015i order changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carmen24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Motorwerks, we placed an order on 8/16 with the intent to get the 2015i. My dealer just told us today that they have been allocated two Denali's this month but only with the 20" wheels. We ordered 22's. Is he pulling our leg? If we are going to run into an allocation problem, we probably need to change dealers.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motorwerks, we placed an order on 8/16 with the intent to get the 2015i. My dealer just told us today that they have been allocated two Denali's this month but only with the 20" wheels. We ordered 22's. Is he pulling our leg? If we are going to run into an allocation problem, we probably need to change dealers.

My dealer finally got his allocation for my Denali but shows the 20" Chromes where on constraint.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hOW IS THE PRICE DETERMINED AT THE TIME OF ORDER?

I am thinking of placing an order, and not sure if I need to furnish a (deposit (refundable?) or not?

DIamond white with brown interior and premium package.

Price is not available at time of order (currently). The order however will go through if the dealer has allotment.

It is true that there is a constraint on the 22" UPGRADE Q7M wheel ($895). I know that at my dealer, I was literally the first and last to have the order go through pre-constraint (counting my lucky stars!) of 22" wheels (upgraded wheels). If you pay the full cost ($2995), the order should go through and build immediately. It seems that ONLY the UPGRADE package ($895) has the constraint. Perhaps they are starting to run out of the Q7M 22" wheel.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a saga! George, you're not missing anything....I'd rather be driving my 2004 Denali.

Geez, I'm probably one of the first to order the new design, and then our order is put n the shelf until it's time to clean out the parts bin before the update. Then, we are one of the last trucks built.. 7 months worth f wait.
What a joke..

I can wait a little longer...

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, I'm probably one of the first to order the new design, and then our order is put n the shelf until it's time to clean out the parts bin before the update. Then, we are one of the last trucks built.. 7 months worth f wait.
What a joke..

I can wait a little longer...

George, are you committed to your order or can you cancel and purchase elsewhere? I can talk to my dealer who still has allocations.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
George, are you committed to your order or can you cancel and purchase elsewhere? I can talk to my dealer who still has allocations.

Thanks for the offer and help. I appreciate it very much.

I've bought lots of stuff from these people for years. They also buy from my store.
They just took over this huge GMC store in Orchard Park. They are new owners of this location and that may be the root of the allocation problem .
I know the owner personally, and we've never had an ordering issue. At this point, I want to stay loyal. My wife couldn't care less when it comes in. It's her ride anyway. She's put an extra 10K on the ticker, and they are still sticking with the trade quote. (they better)....

I'll know if I have allocation tomorrow. I should have known today, but I guess the phone only works one way.
The dealer promised that if my truck came through with a 6 speed, they would give me the first allocation slot for the i.
One a month Denali allocation for them right now.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I called the local dealer and tried to place an order today. He wasn't able to place the order because every time he added the Premium Package to the order it would default back to the 6 Speed version.

He's going to call GMC and see if he can get some guidance as to what's going on. Any thoughts Satish?

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I called the local dealer and tried to place an order today. He wasn't able to place the order because every time he added the Premium Package to the order it would default back to the 6 Speed version.

He's going to call GMC and see if he can get some guidance as to what's going on. Any thoughts Satish?

Yes...tell them to go to "Quick Order" and select "Appearance Package". You'll notice it has the same RPO code (PCX). After selecting PCX, then continue to build the rest of the truck (choosing color, etc). This is what we did and it went through.

We had the same issue you had when trying to order through Global Connect "Configure a New Build" Once you complete building the vehicle this way (Quick Order), have your dealer print the summary sheet and carefully look to make certain that it has all of the options. The individual options bundled with each of the packages should all be itemized.

Obviously a minor glitch while they're still switching over to 2015i. Even if the system chose a 6-speed Denali, it wouldn't be built anyhow as those are discontinued. When it comes to clicking "Accept", the system would have an error window popup.

Last edited:

tbully

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm excited to finally get the 2015i (essentially for the 8-speed).

My dealer, who I have a close personal relationship with (trust), confirmed that the Q7M wheel is on constraint. My order is "in the system" but will be held until that wheel is available.

So, my question is an obvious one....... Does anyone with experience or "in the know" have any idea or reasonable guess when the Q7M will be available?

I'm contemplating going with one of the other 22" options but don't like the $2100 difference, of course.

Thanks!

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm excited to finally get the 2015i (essentially for the 8-speed).

My dealer, who I have a close personal relationship with (trust), confirmed that the Q7M wheel is on constraint. My order is "in the system" but will be held until that wheel is available.

So, my question is an obvious one....... Does anyone with experience or "in the know" have any idea or reasonable guess when the Q7M will be available?

I'm contemplating going with one of the other 22" options but don't like the $2100 difference, of course.

Thanks!
Motorwerks is the guy for this question.

My advice is don't hold your breath.
My original order is over 7 months old. Nothing makes sense yet, or has any resemblance to what we are used to from GM. Very unpredictable.

I just cancelled and reordered the i. I expect to take delivery sometime by winter 2021.

Last edited: