2016 8 speed trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Seems like the 6.2 for 2016 will get the 8 speed trans and the escalades will have a new grill design. IM going to be waiting for the model i think. After seeing the 2007 have issues the 08 resolved this im going to wait on buying one.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like the 6.2 for 2016 will get the 8 speed trans and the escalades will have a new grill design. IM going to be waiting for the model i think. After seeing the 2007 have issues the 08 resolved this im going to wait on buying one.

What issues did the 07 have? I have one and I don't have any issues...

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yup put 500 bucks down but going to cancel. Going to wait and get the 8 speed with new front end. Other parts are already ordered. Now i can focus on the 427 build on my ctsv

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

What issues did the 07 have? I have one and I don't have any issues...

stabiltrack turning and lights going off. Tons of electrical issues on the 07. First model year usually has issues that the next year takes care off. At this point im going to hold off until the end of the year until the 16s come out. By that time blowers will be released so ill prob put a tvs2300 or whipple 2.3 on it.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
other forum. Confirmed late models of 15 will have different grill thru dealer here. Guess i have to roll my escalade for a while lol

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there will be issues with the 15's but I do suspect, with the vette getting the 8speed, the eski and Denali will follow suit for the 16' model year. I will place my order the moment we get confirmation on the specs for the 16's in 6-8 months. If we get confirmation the 16's are getting the 8speed ill place my order for the 16' at that moment. If not I'll pick up a steeply discounted 15'. Regardless, I'll be picking up my loaded Denali XL at the dealer in 9-12 months.