2016 Yukon Denali Front Struts Aftermatket Replacement Suggestions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White Shadow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2 wheel drive 2016 Yukon Danali. Dealer says my front struts are leaking and need to be replaced at 78,000 miles. They said they use an aftermarket strut assy and not Delco. Will I need to account for magnetic ride control? I'm not sure if my truck even has this. Was mrc standard on Denali's?

Any help with aftermarket units would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bob

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Suspension section, and look for the exploded diagram of the shock assemblies. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer. It is also my understanding that these OEM replacement shocks are lifetime warranted.

Look at the RPO codes on the sticker inside your glove box. If you see a Z95 RPO code, you have the Magneride suspension. If you have any basic wrenching skills, you can easily replace the rear shocks by yourself. You can also replace the front struts by yourself, if you have a local repair shop with a spring compressor that can disassemble/reassemble the strut with the new shock for you, once you have them out of the truck. That is what I did, and it will save you big bucks.

OP
OP
W

White Shadow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Suspension section, and look for the exploded diagram of the shock assemblies. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer. It is also my understanding that these OEM replacement shocks are lifetime warranted.

Look at the RPO codes on the sticker inside your glove box. If you see a Z95 RPO code, you have the Magneride suspension. If you have any basic wrenching skills, you can easily replace the rear shocks by yourself. You can also replace the front struts by yourself, if you have a local repair shop with a spring compressor that can disassemble/reassemble the strut with the new shock for you, once you have them out of the truck. That is what I did, and it will save you big bucks.
Thank you for the info Joseph. I will take a look at the website. Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms