2017 Tahoe with very rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dksharp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 2017 tahoe with 155K miles on it. It began idling very rough a few weeks ago. It had bank 2 sensor 1 O2 sensor bad so I replaced it. Still not better. I ended up replacing all the spark plugs and wires. No change. Cleaned the MAS air sensor. No change. 3 mechanics have looked at it. Bank 1 sensor 1 O2 indicator was delayed so replaced that one. Chevrolet recommends changing motor mounts which are worn out. We will but not at this time. 3rd mechanic says there is a technical service bulletin that mentions a lifter issue and possible camshaft issues. This mechanic thinks one of the lobes is rounded on the cam and causing this issue. His recommendation is to trade it in. I personally think it is a vacuum leak. Does anyone have any feedback on this top or know the vacuum system well?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

BUCKSATH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The injector seals go bad on the L83/L86. The let air by causing a rough idle. This can feel worse if you have a bad driver side engine mount. The miles on your vehicle would tell me that both are possible. You’ll feel a clunk in the pedal from a stop that would tell you if you have a bad motor mount. The engine jiggle is most likely the injector seals.

OP
OP
D

dksharp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The injector seals go bad on the L83/L86. The let air by causing a rough idle. This can feel worse if you have a bad driver side engine mount. The miles on your vehicle would tell me that both are possible. You’ll feel a clunk in the pedal from a stop that would tell you if you have a bad motor mount. The engine jiggle is most likely the injector seals.
I will check these seals. You can check it like you are checking for a vacuum leak? The engine mounts are on our list to repair $1250. Would you recommend
replacing all the injectors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhanson002