2018 gmc denali condenser replaces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tolucajo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
had installed my 3rd condenser. The original went out @ 80k miles. Dealer installed the 2nd condenser and lasted @ 85k miles. Just had the 3rd replaced by an independent. He used what looks like a remanufactured condenser. I prefer OEM for peace of mind. Nevertheless, will the remanufactured last nearly as long? I should have requested an OEM, but it’s done and works fine in 110 degree heat. It pushes put cold air in this heat and pushed out 50 degrees this morning when it was 82 degrees outside. What do y’all think

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the 2nd one only lasted 5k miles and was oem I’d say you made a good choice if the warranty is the same. Have they figured out why it keeps failing? My 2014 Sierra and many others had a break causing a leak. I may be off but I think they made a retrofit to solve it.

OP
OP
T

tolucajo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
correction, the first unit failed at 80k miles, the second unit failed at @ 165k mile mark. The independent shop initially suspected a possible leak at common failure points he's seen with units under the chevy/Cadi/gmc platforms which turned out to be a failed condenser. Anyway, I am more concerned about having a nonoem replacement. I took it to a shop that only does AC service. It works. I'm just checking if aftermarket parts have similar length of use. I live in a hot climate and usually run AC 8 months out of the year.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha my mistake. I thought the 2nd pooped out 85k on the truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sapientis