2019 Yukon Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkerfever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I didn't see a section for build threads, so I hope this will do. My name is Matt, and this thread will be about my 2019 Yukon and everything I do to it. I've been lurking around here a bit, but I have a pretty in depth build thread on GPF.com on my old car, a 2000 GTP. My username over there is Booba5185, I think I've seen a few GTP guys over here. My son is now 13, so this is going to be a lot of learning and wrenching for him.

Anyways, on 7\20 of this year we picked up this 2019 Yukon SLT with 113,8XX miles on it. By 7\22, the transmission had developed the dreaded shudder. After a little bit of back and forth, the dealer replaced the transmission for free. Other than this transmission, it's got a fantastic service record. Oil changes every 5k at the same place, and transmission, differential (front and rear), transfer case, coolant, etc. All have records of being flushed two, and in some cases, three times. Here's the day we brought it home!
VwcNTJ0.jpg

More pics to come!

OP
OP
W

Walkerfever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since then, I've been going through and doing some maintenance, repairs, and some random upgrades on it. I started out with adding a catchcan, fixing the park assist, and replacing the headlights (condensation) changing the air filter, plugs, wires, and cabin air filter. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this, other than the catch can:
5i0wVTj.jpg
While the headlights were out I upgraded those to LEDs, and swapped out the license plate\reverse lights to LED. I'll snag a picture of the headlights later, but here is the rear even.
pFQYEzz.jpg

OP
OP
W

Walkerfever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After that, came the Denali cluster swap:
bpc0ZMz.jpg

The problem (in my opinion) with the Denali cluster is that you lose the ability to check the transmission temperature, and oil pressure. I'm a little overly curious on how the Yukon is running, and I want to see that kind of stuff. 8 years ago I was able to set up an Android based head unit running Torque Pro to monitor the 3800, so surely I can do something similar. Turns out it has gotten significantly easier over the year (thank God). I needed an AAwireless adapter, ELM327 BT OBD2 adapter, and Torque Pro. Thanks to the GTP, I had 2 of those things already, and since Android Auto wasn't wireless on these, I had already bought an AAwireless adapter. With a little installing and configuration, I have wireless Android Auto that monitors the Yukon as I drive! Woohoo:
OA2dGBI.jpg

I can run and record logs on my phone, I can even run a short log on the head unit:

Cz5LIKN.jpg

Next up, I ordered a Hotchkis 2292 sway bar set!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The "Under Construction" section is under the Photo Gallery forum and I've moved this thread to that section. If you use the "Forums" tab (not the dropdown part of that tab) at the top of the page, this section is almost to the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Walkerfever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The "Under Construction" section is under the Photo Gallery forum and I've moved this thread to that section. If you use the "Forums" tab (not the dropdown part of that tab) at the top of the page, this section is almost to the bottom of the list.
Thank you sir!

Last edited by a moderator:

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sharp vehicle and I really like the dash instruments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms