2021 Cadillac Escalade 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are still working on it . Want showing any gas in there either which I filled up maybe 60 miles before this happened. At dealership they finally after 45 min got it running drove into shop and just kept dying so there’s probably more going on then I know but will keep everyone informed. I’m still pretty shook up it’s a very scary thing to happen and at the time I was breaking I had no idea that my back tires were locked up I was just jerking and hanging on to the steering wheel praying I could stop and be safe. I live in Minnesota and was going to Canada to meet up with my husband to go fishing almost made it probably another 45 min . Wasn’t in my familiar surroundings cell service was going to sos to a bar on my cell thank god my son got help for me for he’s been there before. I thank god I’m alive and wasn’t snowing yet and my dog is okay because it could have been a lot different outcome. Walley appreciate your feedback thanks for responding and yes was going to go walleye fishing WAS”
So sorry that happened to you. I’m in MN too, so I know how sparse it gets up north. Glad you are safe, hope they get you fixed up soon. Had to be scary! Did you at least get to go fishing anyway!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shellbuck1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well they still have my cadi and they changed the fuel pump modular . They are keeping to investigate I will inform on what happens really same old. And they will be doing 2 other recalls for transmission and gait way something.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I will never own a 2021+
no shifter
no key per sey (to be able to use the shifter, if it had one)
prone to completely shutting down and leaving you f-ked (multiple, multiple, multiple) reports just like this.
ran my 18 out of gas, not completely on purpose just ran out before I thought I would, put it in neutral and was able to coast almost a 1/2 mile right into a gas station, steering and brakes worked fine

*the reason the rear wheels locked up is probably because of how it shut down in gear and you cannot shift so your screwed........
let alone if the software glitches or there is a electrical issue- same results screwed.....
but hey it looks nice in the driveway keeping up with the jones nextdoor.........

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I will never own a 2021+
no shifter
no key per sey (to be able to use the shifter, if it had one)
prone to completely shutting down and leaving you f-ked (multiple, multiple, multiple) reports just like this.
ran my 18 out of gas, not completely on purpose just ran out before I thought I would, put it in neutral and was able to coast almost a 1/2 mile right into a gas station, steering and brakes worked fine

*the reason the rear wheels locked up is probably because of how it shut down in gear and you cannot shift so your screwed........
let alone if the software glitches or there is a electrical issue- same results screwed.....
but hey it looks nice in the driveway keeping up with the jones nextdoor.........
I bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2L / 10speed. It has D | N | R of course.

If I could ask a bit more about this...

Could you explain a bit more what happens when "N" is pushed - does it require the engine to run to shift into Neutral? or just electrical / the transmission shifts electrically within itself? or what about of electrical is on and you push or tow - does it slip into neutral?

If the engine is physically seized.. can it be put into neutral in some way?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2L / 10speed. It has D | N | R of course.

If I could ask a bit more about this...

Could you explain a bit more what happens when "N" is pushed - does it require the engine to run to shift into Neutral? or just electrical / the transmission shifts electrically within itself? or what about of electrical is on and you push or tow - does it slip into neutral?

If the engine is physically seized.. can it be put into neutral in some way?
engine has to be running to shift it into neutral IN ALL CASES
or you need a special tool I believe this is the one or buy 4 roller skates
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10205597-9999.pdf

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
engine has to be running to shift it into neutral IN ALL CASES
or you need a special tool I believe this is the one or buy 4 roller skates
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10205597-9999.pdf
WOW - Found the tool from the bulletin but out of stock - https://www.freedomracing.com/dt-52910-manual-park-release-tool.html

Crazy... no way to push a car out of the way of traffic if it dies or tow or x, y, z Seems like it should be easier to go to neutral with a dead engine.

Well, I'm glad I understand, so if this happens to my 2021 I won't be wasting time thinking I can roll it out of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmfarr21