2021+ Wiper Arm Conversion (Pinch-tab to J-Hook)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redhat9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2024 Tahoe, as I would assume most of you have, the wipers are the pinch-tab style. I've noticed the T1XX Silverados have J hook wiper arms, as did the previous generation K2XX Tahoe/Yukon.

Coming as OE equipment on the K2XX Tahoe/Yukon and T1XX trucks, the wiper blades are refillable and made by Nippon Wiper company. They are silicone wipers and IMO some of the best wiping performance I've had. Same style that a lot of OE Toyota/Honda blades are. For my 2005 Suburban and now-recently sold 2005 Tahoe, I bought the GM OE refillable J-hook 22" wiper blades and really liked them. Plus refills were $5 on RockAuto. Would love to have them on the new truck.

Are there any obvious reasons why they went with pinch-tabs on the newer models? I have a set of refillable OE blades sitting and I'd like to put them on, even if that meant getting Silverado wiper arms and switching them.

Any one have an idea? or anything I'm missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wayers