2021+ z71 20" wheels - Powder Coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2024 Tahoe Z71 and it has the stock 20" (20" machined aluminum wheels with Technical Gray pockets) and I was thinking of powder coating them gloss black to match the front black grill. Has anyone done this yet? I am not a fan of the "technical gray pockets" and think if I powder coat them black, It will buy me enough time to figure out what I want for the next set of wheels/tires.... If anyone has any photos of doing so, please share! thank you.

Also, was thinking of adding a 2" spacer for a more aggressive stance... Would appreciate any feedback on that as well. I found this video on FB where it looks like someone did similar -

JTGZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't love the stock wheels on my Z71, but I like them well enough. It's interesting in that video, they almost looked like a different wheel design to me initially, until the camera zooms in a little. I think they look pretty good, although I think all black makes the wheels kind of "disappear" into the tires, if that makes sense.

I say, if you like it, do it. What exterior color is your Z71?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered selling your existing set-up and buying exactly what you want? I'm thinking that by the time you go through the expense of getting those wheels powder-coated, you might have wished you put the money toward something you really like.

PS -- I'm with you on those stock 20"s. I'm not a fan of them, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts