2022 Fast Forward and Rewind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks, if you have a 2022 and are wondering how to fast forward or rewind a song on your iPhone using the Infotainment, it appears you can't. I've tried the buttons below the screen, buttons on the screen in CarPlay, and the Infotainment's Music app. The slide bar (scrub bar) in Music will change if you try to slide to a desired position but reverts back and does not change the play point of a song.

FYI, if you use a USB device (thumbdrive, old school iPods, etc.) it will work. Also, if works perfectly in the 2021 models. For the 2022s, the functionality is there and the slide bar seems to "want to work," but appears to be broken in the software.

I took my 2022 Yukon to the dealer and they confirmed this issue and that it appears to be broken in 2022 models. A case with Engineering has been created, but there's no line of sight on a fix. Dealer has been really cool about exploring and documenting this. They’ve escalated to Level 3 support, but it appears only a software update will fix this issue. Only work around is to pick up phone and slide/adjust track timing on phone which creates an unsafe situation and with hands free law may be illegal.

They advised that the more folks complain about this to their dealer and raise awareness the more likely a fix will be worked on. I kindly ask that if you have a 2022 Yukon and are unable to FWD or RWD music/mp3s with the vehicle infotainment, please let your dealer know to bring attention to GMC about this issue.

OP
OP
G

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning, I've attempted this both ways and with an iPhone 11 Pro Max (iOS 14 and 15), an iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 15.4), and Samsung Z Fold3. If using CarPlay, the FFD and RWD buttons only take you to the next track. If you switch from CarPlay app to the Infotainment Music app, same experience, plus you can slide the scrub bar to desired spot, but it jumps back to current time on the track. I told GMC this, it's like the feature is supposed to work, but it is unable to complete the command in the software. FYI I've tried wired and wireless CarPlay.

If you disable CarPlay and connect phone via Bluetooth only, you are still unable to FFD and RWD.

I've tried the same phones in a 2021 Yukon and these features worked perfectly. My current next steps are to keep monitoring for a software update and my GMC contact will follow up in ~3 weeks.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it last evening after reading your post and agree w/ your findings. That said, the very first time I tried FFWD using CarPlay, it worked...then it didn't...there are def a few bugs in this Android infotainment system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyr56

Latest posts