Full air-ride swap/lowering - What to look for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope there are still some of you around that have full air-ride setups. I've been searching here and elsewhere online to see who still offers a full kit for the GMT900, a few of the more reputable companies don't seem to offer their kit for this chassis any longer. Kelderman seems to have been the kit of choice for most.

I'm really hesitant on expirementing with an off-brand on Ebay or Amazon, I'm the guy who'd rather pay a reputable company 25-50% more than those cheap kits. I've learned my lesson too many times on getting what I paid for, and making the jump from Belltech to air-ride is not one I want to cheap out on. Hoping some of you who are still into this have some suggestions.

Goals:

- I am not trying to lay from (yet)
- I would like the ability to go a tad lower than my current static setup with the Belltech, even if its only able to do so parked
- I'd really like a plug and play install, no welding or cutting required. No sure if that is possible
- Really would enjoy driving 80mph and not having my beer foam up

HALP

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have the Trailblazer SS rear air bags in the rear of my Burb. They are good for about a 4" drop and still ride good (read not bouncy) at least from my research. I have not personally tried to drive with them lower than 4", although if you let the air out it will lay the frame on the axle tube. The airbags are a direct "bolt-in" for our trucks. They have 3 tabs on top that lock into 3 keyways in the top of the spring pocket of the crossmember. You just insert them and twist and they are locked in, the lower mount sits on the spring perch of the axle.

I am currently at a 2/4 drop but miss my 4/6 drop. I lifted it back up 2" all around after buying 305/40/22 tires which were too wide and scrubbed. I was previously running 285/40/22 but couldn't find that size in the Michelin tires I wanted to try.

When these Michelins wear out I will be going back to a 285/40 and dropping the truck back down.

The only bags, I am aware of, that will work with our struts are the Aerosport bags...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyr56

Latest posts