2022 RST TAHOE missing Bose Subwoofer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST_FRED22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just noticed my 2022 Tahoe is missing the Bose Subwoofer. Anyone know if this was a upgrade option or did i just get screwed?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had the bose sound system, i think it would have the subwoofer included. Id talk to your dealer and find out whats going on and if it is missing item they should get it ordered and installed for you.

Coronado126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 RST as well. I actually think the system is quite good. The bass on mine hits very hard but I also have it maxed out too in the settings.

I did notice there are 2 different Bose systems available though. A 9 speaker and 10 speaker system. I don't know what exactly the differences are between the two. Mine is the 9 speaker system.

OP
OP
R

RST_FRED22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 RST as well. I actually think the system is quite good. The bass on mine hits very hard but I also have it maxed out too in the settings.

I did notice there are 2 different Bose systems available though. A 9 speaker and 10 speaker system. I don't know what exactly the differences are between the two. Mine is the 9 speaker system.
Yeah mine is the 9 speaker as well and there's hardly any bass. I find myself lowering the bass since it sounds pretty bad, i traded in a 2018 Z71 for this and that trucks Bose system was amazing. I feel like i upgraded truck but downgraded Bose systems

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100% sure, but I think the difference between the 9 way and 10 way Bose audio IS the subwoofer. I have the 10 way Bose, and it hits pretty hard.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could upgrade the 9 and add the sub to it easily?

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the 9 speaker system and the bass is decent for factory, I don't even think to upgrade it. I did add a sub in my 2010 though, the factory bose was almost nothing for bass.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the 9 speaker Bose doesn't have the center speaker in the middle of the dash. It also gets a different amp which is why the bass sounds lackluster.

vwfast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
According to Bose the 9 and 10 speaker both have a Richbass woofer. This link outlines the differences between the 9 and 10 speaker systems.

Spacewrangler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 10 speaker Bose system adds the center channel dash. On both the 9 and 10 there is a very small down firing subwoofer in the center console, directly below the wireless charging pad. If you remove some of the trim on the driver-side center console you can see it. Hoping that JL or Kicker comes out with a stealth box to fit in the rear cargo area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL