2022 Yukon Denali XL completely shut off while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership call me today, the updated of my yukon is the engine blow up! I dunno how 2 years old car blow up when I just drive 65mph with 25k miles on it. So the dealer need to replace the entire engine. Good news is Im still on warranty so no need to pay for it but the Bad news is the part is back order and don’t know when is available. It’s Insane!!!!
This has indeed been happening…you are not the first. Also likely not the last

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would ask that the engine warranty be extended. Many on here have had it extended. New GM parts are usually covered by 12 month warranty and it should be covered by your factory warranty until that expires. I would ask for an extension up to 100,000. You deserve it for the inconvenience and the fact your engine died prematurely.

OP
OP
M

Madamei

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would ask that the engine warranty be extended. Many on here have had it extended. New GM parts are usually covered by 12 month warranty and it should be covered by your factory warranty until that expires. I would ask for an extension up to 100,000. You deserve it for the inconvenience and the fact your engine died prematurely.
Can I really do that? Should I talk with the upper management and asked for extend ? The give me loner but it more smaller than my car and keep saying there is nothing they can do. Really disappointed with that.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, my local GM dealer is offering unlimited mile lifetime powertrain warranties on all new and used with <50K on them. OP could probably ask to get that offer since his vehicle is an example of why they are having to offer that type of warranty

viven44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the vehicle have crank with no start? My fuel pump control module went out while driving on the freeway, came out of nowhere with no warning. When I tried to restart the truck on the side of the road, it'd crank like normal and sounded like the motor was turning via the starter just fine, but it never fired up. As mentioned, it ended up being a faulty fuel pump control module so the motor was not receiving fuel. Dealer told me if it was the crank bearing (it's the 6.2) or lifters it would not have sounded normal while cranking, or might even be seized up completely and unable to turn via the starter. They only had the truck for a day and it's been running fine with a new FPCM since then (that was last week, fingers crossed).
Fuel pump control module? Wonder why a module is needed to control that little fuel pump ? A single Bosch-style relay actuated by voltage through an oil pressure switch is all that was needed to run a fuel pump ... I have always just carried a spare relay or even a spare fuel pump on road trips..

Adding complexity adds more failure points so I'm definitely not looking forward to getting old with my 2024 :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nesbittr1