2022 Yukon xl poverty spec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
32k was a lot of money in 1998! LOL
Can’t get a fully loaded Tahoe for $58.5k today. That’s poverty spec.

That said, “Fully Loaded” in 1998 was:
250 HP 5.7L
4 Spd Transmission
Leather
Rear HVAC
4WD 2 speed push button transfer Case
Max Tow
AM/FM Cassette with Aux CD Player, 6 Speaker Bose
6 Way Power Driver/Passenger Seat
Barn Door Rear End
16” Alloy Wheels
Bilestein Shocks
Urethane Jounce Bumpers
Skid Plates

Attachments

• 7379E7B0-11EF-4DCF-8F80-A8BD5B6D68A7.jpeg
    7379E7B0-11EF-4DCF-8F80-A8BD5B6D68A7.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

dpollak81

Reaction score
Yeah for sure the trucks were a better value for the day and that gap has widened from your normal car. I remember my girlfriend back in 2001 and her parents bought a brand new loaded LT suburban for like 38k I think. That same year I bought a brand new base Silverado poverty spec 2wd for 18k (with incentives).

RedInCo

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!

You should have the highest possible payload for a DMax build. What payload is shown on your door jamb sticker? The fleet order guide PDF shows 1581 pounds.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome annd I am confused, what is "poverty spec". Means you did alll the work? Hell, that is not poverty spec, that is "talent spec".
when you select a "front bench seat" it will not let you add practically any creature comforts, can't add a bigger engine, can't add a bunch of things without taking away the front bench, I can only assume that they do it that way for ease of production it took me months to find my Silverado with a front bench and 2LT features, like heated seats.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you select a "front bench seat" it will not let you add practically any creature comforts, can't add a bigger engine, can't add a bunch of things without taking away the front bench, I can only assume that they do it that way for ease of production it took me months to find my Silverado with a front bench and 2LT features, like heated seats.
I think you are right rhat it is a ease of build issue with the front row bench seat. Its likely a big difference from the captain chair/ console on most of the rides and takes a bit longer to do so they try to make it as unappealing to customers to prevent more being built. I prefer the bench seating myself and it just makes sense in my case as i can live without all the other gadgetry and gizmos that i dont have on my ither rides anyways.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the same spec as you (except Summit White) on order - can't wait!

How did you go about blacking out the GMC logo? Also, could you take some more pictures to show the debadged tailgate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL