2023 Tahoe Infotainment USB Media Menu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpaceCowboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why does the Infotainment system not have a way to sort/filter music by Genre?!? Its a little annoying when you have hundreds or thousands of music titles and have to scroll down the screen only using artist or title.

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least you can get it to see the USB stick, I spend $106k and can't get this technology monster to see a $20 USB stick!! GRRRRR

apex944

Reaction score
>> At least you can get it to see the USB stick,

Don't use the cheapest USB sticks. Memory is not 'just memory' and the USB storage specs may not be adhered to on some cheapo stick.
I'm using Verbatim and SanDisk thumbs in my 2024 Denali. Works well. I just drag and drop files, folders, and playlists to a fat32 formatted device and pop it in the truck.

Last edited:

apex944

Reaction score
Why does the Infotainment system not have a way to sort/filter music by Genre?!?

Prolly because GMC makes trucks not music players. Car companies rarely get all this stuff right. I think GMC suggests using Android and Apple play systems doesnt it?
I use Android Auto and my music apps work well through it. I also use a USB stick as mentioned above.

By what means are you trying to play music by Genre? USB? Bluetooth? what devices are we talking aobut here?

kozzy45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, new here just got a 2024 AT4 Yukon, I put my USB in, and it seems to read all the files fine, organizes them by artist, etc. But in my old Ram, I was able to just use the folders as "Playlists" . The Yukon actually wants PLAYLISTS. So my question is how do I make a Playlist and then add music to it? Anyone know? I have never had to do this. In my Ram, I would just make a newe folder, add the files to the folder and that was it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new here just got a 2024 AT4 Yukon, I put my USB in, and it seems to read all the files fine, organizes them by artist, etc. But in my old Ram, I was able to just use the folders as "Playlists" . The Yukon actually wants PLAYLISTS. So my question is how do I make a Playlist and then add music to it? Anyone know? I have never had to do this. In my Ram, I would just make a newe folder, add the files to the folder and that was it.

kozzy45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there software that does this, do I actually need to type out each and every song for a list? Seems very archaic for an $85k vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike cr