2023 Tahoe Premier towing issues, no air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djnice

Reaction score
If the OP is towing a lot, spring spacers might be an option. It will ride high when unloaded though. You could also do an air strut on the rear like the one posted on page 2 from ebay. You just set it to a tow pressure or a not-towing pressure. It doesn't have to be constantly adjusting or integrated. As far as the air-ride option, I don't like how it rides. Too bouncy.

BacDoc

Reaction score
If the OP is towing a lot, spring spacers might be an option. It will ride high when unloaded though. You could also do an air strut on the rear like the one posted on page 2 from ebay. You just set it to a tow pressure or a not-towing pressure. It doesn't have to be constantly adjusting or integrated. As far as the air-ride option, I don't like how it rides. Too bouncy.
If you have a Tahoe with air suspension and are towing below max tow weight and proper tongue weight it shouldn’t be “bouncy”. I tow a double axle boat/trailer that is around 6500 lbs with my Tahoe air suspension 6.2l and it’s the smoothest trailer ride I’ve had compared to my previous trucks, all GM V8 2500 equipped but none had air ride. I tow 3-4 times a month and only for 12-15 miles at a time mostly 55mph, highway but there are always idiots, road kill and construction debris to be dodged and maneuvered around.

The 2014 Chevy Express 2500 I had before the Tahoe was 6.0l and 8 speed with max trailer, locking differential and some other options for towing but not air suspension and I always thought that was pretty good ride until I started towing with the Tahoe.

Also the 360 cameras and the trailer app on infotainment screen is pretty slick. I had a light out that I wasn’t aware of and the hook up test let me know exactly which one it was so I got it fixed instead of having a trooper “warn” me lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23