2023 yukon denali 6.2..what to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Modern cars are not engineered like they were 10+ years ago where slapping on exhaust and CAI got you 10% more power.

It may be more effective to talk budget and desired gains. I’d bet you get more bang for buck getting a 91-93 octane tune from a reputable shop than anything else.

I think you're showing your age there a little. Cars that are 10 years old now (so 2014 / 2015 models) were not that much different than the current offerings and didn't get 10% for header and CAI either.

Gotta go a little further back, like to the mid 90's (which was 30 years ago now), to find cars that would jump 10% with headers and a CAI.

iamlegion

Reaction score
I think you're showing your age there a little. Cars that are 10 years old now (so 2014 / 2015 models) were not that much different than the current offerings and didn't get 10% for header and CAI either.

Gotta go a little further back, like to the mid 90's (which was 30 years ago now), to find cars that would jump 10% with headers and a CAI.
Right, I was making an example not trying to defend a doctorate.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only real way to improve on it is to throw a lot of money at it with programming, deleting DFM (if it's even possible at this point), and then some aftermarket things like you've mentioned/done.
I would beg to differ. Adding simple and non-invasive bolt on performance parts is a safer way to add a little more extra horsepower. Once you start messing with the ECU, tuning, and engine internals, your reliability is a coin toss. And then there's the resale value if the owner wants to sell it. You'd get way less money for a heavily modified vehicle than you would a stock vehicle, because I can't imagine anyone taking the time to painstakingly remove all of those performance parts and replace them with their OEM parts for a quick sale - provided you kept the OE parts. It's just not worth it, unless it's a forever car.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would beg to differ. Adding simple and non-invasive bolt on performance parts is a safer way to add a little more extra horsepower. Once you start messing with the ECU, tuning, and engine internals, your reliability is a coin toss. And then there's the resale value if the owner wants to sell it. You'd get way less money for a heavily modified vehicle than you would a stock vehicle, because I can't imagine anyone taking the time to painstakingly remove all of those performance parts and replace them with their OEM parts for a quick sale - provided you kept the OE parts. It's just not worth it, unless it's a forever car.
This is why I always keep my OEM Parts. Went to trade in my HEAVLY mod'd Acura RSX for my 2006 BMW M5 and mods dont add value. Took the RSX home, went back to stock over the weekend and ended up getting the same amount PLUS was able to buy down the loan to the tune of around 12K once I sold all my mods.

GT35R Full Race Turbo Kit
1200cc injectors, Eagle full rail
COMPLETE Black interior swap (EVERY piece: trim, dash, seats, carpet, seatbelts, steering wheel, door panels...went from tan to black legit Type-R parts)
3" SS catback with Apexi N1 exhaust
K-Pro ECU
Defi gauges
double din headunit w/monitor

After than "back to stock", stopped wrenching and now paid for services bahaha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay1