2025 new tahoe/suburban feature wishlist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know most are longshots. For reference, I've got 5 kids under 11 so that will color a lot of the changes I'm interested to see.

-2nd+3rd row middle seat head rests - Honda odyssey has them on both rows and especially with a digital rear camera negating the "obstructed view" argument, there's no good reason Chevy shouldn't have them; it's whiplash waiting to strike in an accident.

-Second row auto-folding AND unfolding - I've got a 2nd row bench and my kids are too weak to unfold the 2nd row passenger seat to access the third row after it's folded down. We currently leave that seat permanently folded down but soon will have to move a kid up there; would love to avoid having to unfold it for them every time.

-Third row that can recline a couple inches.

-window shades for 2nd/3rd row

-Cargo area speakers that are main drivers instead of ambient.

-Lane keep assist + centering without SuperCruise subscription - Honda's centering blows Chevy's implementation (w/o SC) out of the water - no subscription required. This is accentuated by the fact that apparently GM won't offer SuperCruise with the new duramax engine - effectively keeping me away until well into the next generation.

-Interior camera above 2nd/3rd row to function like Honda's CabinWatch. Looks like the 2025 interior camera is over the driver seat which won't detect if small kids are left in carseats or in the third row since the second row seatbacks are fairly high.

-Ability to control rear-entertainment system from driver seat + integrated blu-ray player.

-Ability to turn off rear-seat climate controls (kids always knocking nobs by accident) - similar to old school buttons that had the controls on the ceiling with a "rear control" option for the knob.

-9v plug that's live while engine is turned off - for charging devices while camping.

-Lower bumper foglights - looks like they *may* have these now from the new photos - at least on a certain trim

-maple interior color - was available on pre-2025 premier trim but now looks like black, grey, and mocha will be the only options - mocha is dark enough that it won't give any performance difference vs black in heat absorption (I live in UT and visit AZ frequently so lighter colors make a big difference with how strong the sun is)

What would you add?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow hook availability on all models
Full skid plate shielding availability on all models.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know most are longshots. For reference, I've got 5 kids under 11 so that will color a lot of the changes I'm interested to see.

-2nd+3rd row middle seat head rests - Honda odyssey has them on both rows and especially with a digital rear camera negating the "obstructed view" argument, there's no good reason Chevy shouldn't have them; it's whiplash waiting to strike in an accident.

-Second row auto-folding AND unfolding - I've got a 2nd row bench and my kids are too weak to unfold the 2nd row passenger seat to access the third row after it's folded down. We currently leave that seat permanently folded down but soon will have to move a kid up there; would love to avoid having to unfold it for them every time.

-Third row that can recline a couple inches.

-window shades for 2nd/3rd row

-Cargo area speakers that are main drivers instead of ambient.

-Lane keep assist + centering without SuperCruise subscription - Honda's centering blows Chevy's implementation (w/o SC) out of the water - no subscription required. This is accentuated by the fact that apparently GM won't offer SuperCruise with the new duramax engine - effectively keeping me away until well into the next generation.

-Interior camera above 2nd/3rd row to function like Honda's CabinWatch. Looks like the 2025 interior camera is over the driver seat which won't detect if small kids are left in carseats or in the third row since the second row seatbacks are fairly high.

-Ability to control rear-entertainment system from driver seat + integrated blu-ray player.

-Ability to turn off rear-seat climate controls (kids always knocking nobs by accident) - similar to old school buttons that had the controls on the ceiling with a "rear control" option for the knob.

-9v plug that's live while engine is turned off - for charging devices while camping.

-Lower bumper foglights - looks like they *may* have these now from the new photos - at least on a certain trim

-maple interior color - was available on pre-2025 premier trim but now looks like black, grey, and mocha will be the only options - mocha is dark enough that it won't give any performance difference vs black in heat absorption (I live in UT and visit AZ frequently so lighter colors make a big difference with how strong the sun is)

What would you add?
I have these items on my new Tahoe. Engine stop-start permanently disabled. Daytime running lights permanently disabled. 12V power ports stay alive all the time. Car will idle indefinitely. Accessories will remain on indefinitely. (Great for drive-in movies). If you know a little bit about electronics, these are easy corrections that can be made. I have bench seats in the second row. You couldn't give me a vehicle with bucket seats in the second row.

BacDoc

Reaction score
Definitely fog light option. I have a 2024 Tahoe and would love to have fog lights but so far I haven’t found anything that would fit in the bumper/grill.

Bigger fuel tank option is something a lot of us would love to get.

Auto stop permanent delete or at least the option to turn it off on the infotainment screen like other features.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Auto stop start disable.
Bigger fuel tank
Real Fog lights (as in Europe with the rear bright red light)

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
AND for the Suburban a tan interior option. Right now the configurator for 2025 (but you can't order yet) has black or grey. Who wants grey or gray (sorry if I offend). My riding buddy has tan fur and black interior is just a PITA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicMan123