2106 vs 2017 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimim

Reaction score
Ok I have 30,000 on my 2015 Hoe and it is in perfect condition. I'm thinking about trading it in for a new model to just reset the warranty. I feel safer that way and my payment won't change at all. yes i'll go back 2 years on payments but i can live with that.

1. Do i other looking at the 17's?

2. The enhanced HUD. is it worth it if the truck already has it? just wondering.

3. How stable is apple car play these days?

4. it seems like the 17's are exactly the same minus some color changes? a new app (don't care about). anything else new?

5. ok the crazy question. this will be my third Hoe. do i flip sides and go look at the Denali?

jim

dtvuw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2&5. I went from a '13 Hoe to a '16 Denali. I love the 6.3L and the 8 speed. Notice a big difference. I went w/ the Denali for the adaptive, but after the first week I rarely use it. I do use the HUD on a normal basis though.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering doing the same with our 15 XL but I'm more interested in ride improvements, vibrations, buffeting fixes than anything else. If a lot of these issues were fixed for 17, I wouldn't mind updating as well. How is your 15 in terms of fit &finish, rattles, etc? I would also like to believe a 3rd year model run would be improved in these areas as well.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
I am considering doing the same with our 15 XL but I'm more interested in ride improvements, vibrations, buffeting fixes than anything else. If a lot of these issues were fixed for 17, I wouldn't mind updating as well. How is your 15 in terms of fit &finish, rattles, etc? I would also like to believe a 3rd year model run would be improved in these areas as well.
No vibration or buffeting but I have a squeak or rattle or an itch as they call it somewhere in my center stack. I can't take it anymore. They have replaced radio, heater, vents. They cushioned the plugs that hold the silver trim over the black plastic trim around heater. Nothing. Still there. At this point they r just replacing shit. I'm done. I'm dumping it. I have the first 15 they got. First one in my area to have one ,but the damn squeak won't go away since about 10 miles. I didn't even bother calling gm cause it's like chasing a ghost. It happens then doesn't happen then happens without even hitting a pothole. U can hear it over the radio at times.

I'm done. I have them looking for a 17 cause they said since this is my 3rd I bought in 5 years they treat me good with price. They r waiting for what I want at a good price that they can get it for from gm so they can pass that onto me along with what else they will take off.

I will say I'm going to look at a 16 escalade tomorrow for the s&g's. maybe they will take 15 grNd off the sticker and I can actually afford it then. Doubt it but I'm going to try.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
So I mentioned going to look at an escalade above. 2016. You guys the no it's worth it vs a 17 Tahoe or Denali? I know it's a very opinionated question but was just wondering.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I mentioned going to look at an escalade above. 2016. You guys the no it's worth it vs a 17 Tahoe or Denali? I know it's a very opinionated question but was just wondering.

The escalade is all baubles and bolt ons. No meaningful differences like the step up to the Denali with engine and trans upgrade. If you like the looks of it (ALOT) go for it if not, there's no way to justify. Just my worthless two cents of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
The escalade is all baubles and bolt ons. No meaningful differences like the step up to the Denali with engine and trans upgrade. If you like the looks of it (ALOT) go for it if not, there's no way to justify. Just my worthless two cents of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so the engine and trans is diff in the dinali vs Tahoe. I thought they were the same now.

So is the escalade the same as Denali I assume or the hoe?

My wife actually likes the hoe the best. I like the look of the hoe more than the Denali but I like the caddy more than the hoe. But my problem with the caddy is im a truck guy. u feel if I go with the caddy I just betrayed the chevy truck side of myself. Lol

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont like the quad headlight setup of the tahoe (I owned the last generation Tahoe which I loved) too wagon queen family truckster for me. Escalade, again, just my worthless opinion, looks garish. That left the denali as the only option as I wanted the bigger engine and newer 8 speed. And yes, as far as I know, the only way to get the 6.2 and 8 spd is to buy a denali or escalade.

Griswold+stationwagon+8.jpg

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
I just drove the caddy. Deff bigger. Quieter inside. Way quieter. I'm wondering if the dinali is quieter also now.

You know u are driving a more expensive truck but then I look st the running boards when u get out and say oh ya it's a gm truck. Lol

The inside is nice though. 10 grand more nice. I don't know.

I like how it has the surround cameras though.

HUD is nice will deff make sure new whatever has that.

I like the caddy digital dash too.

Again eye candy that gets old quick.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious...how does it feel bigger? seat room, size, height, overall clearances are identical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khaledR