2106 vs 2017 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
I had the same issue that you describe in the center console. I found some silicone spray 'safe for plastic use', and sprayed it under the trim area that the noise seemed to originate from. That totally cured it - been a year and still no squeaks or creaks from the console. If you try it, make sure you use a silicone spray that is safe for plastics.

That's very good to know if I don't get rid of the truck. I think having all this plastic on plastic is just a bad idea.

Thanks a lot!

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
I had the same issue that you describe in the center console. I found some silicone spray 'safe for plastic use', and sprayed it under the trim area that the noise seemed to originate from. That totally cured it - been a year and still no squeaks or creaks from the console. If you try it, make sure you use a silicone spray that is safe for plastics.

Did u spray the clips only or the whole thing?

Ralph Varick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check for vibration issues...Once you buy it you own it and GM will say its normal...

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
I sprayed up under the fake wood trim where it meets the vinyl on the sides of the console.
Check for vibration issues...Once you buy it you own it and GM will say its normal...

Started way After I had it. It's been in like 7 or 8 times now.
I think we r dumping it anyway. Waiting for them to find a 17 I want.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started way After I had it. It's been in like 7 or 8 times now.
I think we r dumping it anyway. Waiting for them to find a 17 I want.

are you still running oem tires? If so, I can almost guarantee you it's the problem.

Obravada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 15 Tahoe also with only 17k miles. I like new technologies in my vehicles. I would consider a new 17.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
I sprayed up under the fake wood trim where it meets the vinyl on the sides of the console.

View attachment 69122
mine is coming from the plastic around the heat vents that flank the touch screen. it's all that build up of silver on black trim to give it a look. i just think it's a really bad design. i keep telling them when i push on the plastic it goes away. they won't listen. i even showed them when we drove it. i said take it off and i'll drive without it on for a few days and we can see. i got silence. maybe they like having my truck there. lol

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
are you still running oem tires? If so, I can almost guarantee you it's the problem.

i have 2 sets of OEM tires. does it with both sets. i have tires for my 20's in the winter and 22's in the summer.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had them both road forced? And if so, did you happen to know find out what numbers they rolled?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khaledR