2106 vs 2017 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
I just drove the caddy. Deff bigger. Quieter inside. Way quieter. I'm wondering if the dinali is quieter also now.

You know u are driving a more expensive truck but then I look st the running boards when u get out and say oh ya it's a gm truck. Lol

The inside is nice though. 10 grand more nice. I don't know.

I like how it has the surround cameras though.

HUD is nice will deff make sure new whatever has that.

I like the caddy digital dash too.

Again eye candy that gets old quick.
curious...how does it feel bigger? seat room, size, height, overall clearances are identical.
Sorry I should've said how it feels larger inside when you're sitting in the seat I think because of the seas being design differently and the center stack sits higher than in Tahoe. It was a very odd feeling maybe also because the center stack where the screen is sticks out more it is also larger

The place I went to is horrible they offered me $6000 less on my trade-in in what it's worth it literally gave me $500 below the lowest number I found from black book. Andy also only took $4000 off the sticker price seriously I was one of the first people to on a 2015 Tahoe in my area and at that time Chevy took 10% off the sticker for a completely revamps truck. Is it me?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I should've said how it feels larger inside when you're sitting in the seat I think because of the seas being design differently and the center stack sits higher than in Tahoe. It was a very odd feeling maybe also because the center stack where the screen is sticks out more it is also larger

The place I went to is horrible they offered me $6000 less on my trade-in in what it's worth it literally gave me $500 below the lowest number I found from black book. Andy also only took $4000 off the sticker price seriously I was one of the first people to on a 2015 Tahoe in my area and at that time Chevy took 10% off the sticker for a completely revamps truck. Is it me?

Tell them what YOU want dude. Don't wait to hear their nonsense. No need to sit and have them 'check with their manager' etc etc. Email them with what YOU are offering. Tell them you are sending the same offer to multiple dealers and the dealer that matches/comes closest wins.

End of story.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
Tell them what YOU want dude. Don't wait to hear their nonsense. No need to sit and have them 'check with their manager' etc etc. Email them with what YOU are offering. Tell them you are sending the same offer to multiple dealers and the dealer that matches/comes closest wins.

End of story.

So here a stupid question. Is me going on and say I want at least 12 to 15 percent off the sticker crazy?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here a stupid question. Is me going on and say I want at least 12 to 15 percent off the sticker crazy?

I think you'd need to look at what people are getting their caddys for. Some yukons & tahoes are going for 20% off msrp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerJay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I plan on buying a 4WD Denali after seeing people getting 21% off. $76k sticker for $60k seems like a good deal. Will wait dealers out until December 31st if they want to play hardball.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
I think you'd need to look at what people are getting their caddys for. Some yukons & tahoes are going for 20% off msrp.

Ya I knew tahoes and Denali were. And my usual chevy dealer will easily do that for me. I just thought maybe I would be able to getcthe same on a caddy. I'm guessing not. I called another dealer and they did no more than 7 percent. I get the same answer. It's a premium brand. I say it's still a gm made with the same parts pretty much.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I knew tahoes and Denali were. And my usual chevy dealer will easily do that for me. I just thought maybe I would be able to getcthe same on a caddy. I'm guessing not. I called another dealer and they did no more than 7 percent. I get the same answer. It's a premium brand. I say it's still a gm made with the same parts pretty much.

The margins on the caddy are massive. It's a 40k truck with a bunch of fun stuff added onto it. Same with Denali. They certainly have the room but there are fewer dealers (Id imagine?) and probably fewer folks looking to 'get a deal'...

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
The margins on the caddy are massive. It's a 40k truck with a bunch of fun stuff added onto it. Same with Denali. They certainly have the room but there are fewer dealers (Id imagine?) and probably fewer folks looking to 'get a deal'...

Well doc far the best I have done is like 7 percent. I'm going to call one more place tomorrow but the 3 in my area don't care.

Jim

I haven't seen anyone mention and caddy prices on this thread unless I missed

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well doc far the best I have done is like 7 percent. I'm going to call one more place tomorrow but the 3 in my area don't care.

Jim

I haven't seen anyone mention and caddy prices on this thread unless I missed
It's probably because it's more of a Tahoe yukon thread. Seems there are more specific caddy threads/forums. You may want to check out a caddy forum/thread.

Dave034

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No vibration or buffeting but I have a squeak or rattle or an itch as they call it somewhere in my center stack. I can't take it anymore. They have replaced radio, heater, vents. They cushioned the plugs that hold the silver trim over the black plastic trim around heater. Nothing. Still there. At this point they r just replacing shit. I'm done. I'm dumping it. I have the first 15 they got. First one in my area to have one ,but the damn squeak won't go away since about 10 miles. I didn't even bother calling gm cause it's like chasing a ghost. It happens then doesn't happen then happens without even hitting a pothole. U can hear it over the radio at times.

I'm done. I have them looking for a 17 cause they said since this is my 3rd I bought in 5 years they treat me good with price. They r waiting for what I want at a good price that they can get it for from gm so they can pass that onto me along with what else they will take off.

I will say I'm going to look at a 16 escalade tomorrow for the s&g's. maybe they will take 15 grNd off the sticker and I can actually afford it then. Doubt it but I'm going to try.

I had the same issue that you describe in the center console. I found some silicone spray 'safe for plastic use', and sprayed it under the trim area that the noise seemed to originate from. That totally cured it - been a year and still no squeaks or creaks from the console. If you try it, make sure you use a silicone spray that is safe for plastics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khaledR