22 Tire selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some NT420s's sitting in my garage.....just waiting on Tony for the new TBSS wheels :)

Can't wait to get these tires on....

Sancho

Reaction score
Anyone tried the goodyear fortera that can comparea with Nitto? I need new tires by the end of the month and keep coming back to the goodyears, though I'm hesitant because they may not be as performance oriented as I would like, being they have an H speed rating.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Fortera is an OE spec tire, it's a great all season tire. I ran bth the Nitto and the Fortera on my Denali and both were great tires. The GY will do slightly better in winter conditions the 420S is a better dry weather performer.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Falken STZ04

LOVE THEM!

Guaranteed for 50k. If they don't last 50k bring them to the nearest retailer or Sears Auto Center and open up a warranty claim. Of course the tires need to be rotated and vehicle aligned thru out their life on the truck! I got them price matched from Discounttire.com to Sears had them installed. Get lifetime balance, rotation and 3 year guarantee on my alignment. Also added the road hazard protection agreement since I work in an area where I am very likely to get an object in the tire. I have used the Rd. Hazard 2x so far...2 weeks I got a nail to close to the sidewall so they replaced the tire and no charge and then another time they repaired the tire at no cost. It is no cheap plug...its from the inside out. Like a dual Patch with Plug. Holding up well and will last the lifetime of the tire. I will not see these tires to last 50k since I run a staggered tire size.

Sancho

Reaction score
The Fortera is an OE spec tire, it's a great all season tire. I ran bth the Nitto and the Fortera on my Denali and both were great tires. The GY will do slightly better in winter conditions the 420S is a better dry weather performer.

OE Spec, didn't know that. I'm sure that means compromises galore, so I'll lean the other way. Don't need to worry about snow here anyways, unless I feel like heading up to Lake Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968