24" rim question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't level the front felix ... your ride is too elegant for that imho. I don't think the slightly 'off-roadish' look will go well with the chrome/escalade details and those beautiful rims.

Either leave it as is or do the 2" rear drop. :waytogo:

Hmmm I just don't know... I will get the nitto 420 Tires for sure though and definitely in a 305. Maybe after I get the tires ill pull the trigger on the 2" drop.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't level the front felix ... your ride is too elegant for that imho. I don't think the slightly 'off-roadish' look will go well with the chrome/escalade details and those beautiful rims.

Either leave it as is or do the 2" rear drop. :waytogo:

Um... Granted, I don't have wheels (yet) like Felix, but my truck would never be mistaken for looking "off-roadish." Haha If you go with the rear drop, just don't go with too low of a spring, or you'll be screwing with the autoride links (or hearing the compressor come on) forever.

That, AND I'm convinced (and I'm not alone in this) that the suspension on these trucks is somewhat "pivotal" from front to back. That is, when you lower the rear, the front wants to come up some. I forget who on here I was talking with about this, but it was his experience, too. When I dropped the rear a couple inches, the front gap grew slightly. So, when you lower the back, you've got to get it just right, or, if you're like me, you'll be scrutinizing the truck constantly, wondering if it's leaning, level, or not down enough in the rear.

At least you've got options. :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serge/Kirk-

I'm back at square one. The 2" Rear drop vs. 1" readylift in the front war continues in my head...

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um... Granted, I don't have wheels (yet) like Felix, but my truck would never be mistaken for looking "off-roadish." Haha If you go with the rear drop, just don't go with too low of a spring, or you'll be screwing with the autoride links (or hearing the compressor come on) forever.

I'm not saying that lifting the front one inch will make the truck look like an F150 raptor, but when folks level the front 2" it does give these trucks a different look that imo doesn't complement the more elegant motif that Felix is going for. Granted, 1" isn't 2" (as mrs soulsea often reminds me), but it is going in that direction.

You won't get an argument from me about ride quality issues when these trucks are dropped ... I took off my 2/3-4 drop kit within a week of installing it precisely for that reason, and I don't even have autoride.

My only point was that given Felix's styling, if he chose to do anything to the stance, a slight dropping of his butt would look more appropriate than a lift of his forehead. That would also apply to his truck. :)

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

And another thing! :)

Felix really wants the Nitto 420s ... that won't look right with a front lift, that's Terra Grappler territory.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that lifting the front one inch will make the truck look like an F150 raptor, but when folks level the front 2" it does give these trucks a different look that imo doesn't complement the more elegant motif that Felix is going for. Granted, 1" isn't 2" (as mrs soulsea often reminds me), but it is going in that direction.

You won't get an argument from me about ride quality issues when these trucks are dropped ... I took off my 2/3-4 drop kit within a week of installing it precisely for that reason, and I don't even have autoride.

My only point was that given Felix's styling, if he chose to do anything to the stance, a slight dropping of his butt would look more appropriate than a lift of his forehead. That would also apply to his truck. :)

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Felix really wants the Nitto 420s ... that won't look right with a front lift, that's Terra Grappler territory.

Hmm... that wouldddd look good though... what's the biggest size Terra Grappler I can put without rubbing on a 1" ReadyLift ... :hmm:

Sorry for getting so off-topic OP :Frustrated:

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lol @ the Terra Grappler comment.. Not to diverge too far off topic, but Soulsea I thought u had autoride? Hmm, im wondering if your ride was so rough bec of the 24s. Bc I have mine lowered 2/4 w the stockies and honestly i think it rides just as good if not better than stock...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol @ the Terra Grappler comment.. Not to diverge too far off topic, but Soulsea I thought u had autoride? Hmm, im wondering if your ride was so rough bec of the 24s. Bc I have mine lowered 2/4 w the stockies and honestly i think it rides just as good if not better than stock...

AutoRide is only always on the LTZ/Denali/Escalade so I guess it's just an option on the Hybrid models? The ride is definitely always rougher on 24's then any stock rim for sure.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AutoRide is only always on the LTZ/Denali/Escalade so I guess it's just an option on the Hybrid models? The ride is definitely always rougher on 24's then any stock rim for sure.

Nope not even an option on Tahoe Hybrids ... they have something called 'Premium Smooth Ride suspension' which is basically a euphemism for piss off, you get nothing from us! :)

I do believe the Esky/Nali Hybrids have it though.

And BG I had the 24s on for a few weeks before I got the drop and a few weeks after. They were a drain on the brakes and power steering but the ride didn't suffer that much ... nope, it was the drop that donkeyed up the ride.

That's why I'm 'nudging' Felix to do the more gentle 2" drop ... I need a guinea hoe!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Haha Witty, but just not true. :) Maybe I'm just not sure how you think Felix's truck's "style" differs from mine.

...And mine is in no danger of getting Terras.

Well, not at the moment, anyway. ;)

nicko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To answer your question I own a wheel and tire shop out here in georgia.You need the 295/35/24 Tire