275/60/20 on 07 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Customsound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a 2.5" lift for front and 2" in rear . I'm thinkin I should have went with a wider tire or was wondering if I even needed to raise the truck .

mbuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, get bigger tires. 275/60/20's are all p rated and have small treads. They are only a slight upgrade over stock.

bjbbiker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what do you mean by just a slight upgrade? when you talk about upgrading your tire, what are you hoping the improvements will be? i found these tires the other day

http://stores.fdt1601.com/275-60-20-goodyear-wrangler-sra-2756020/

and unless someone can tell me a good reason not to get them they seem like a steal to me. was going to pair them with a new set of chrome wheels and a ccm 2.5/1.

thoughts?

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

also what is everyone doing about their spare? are they ordering another wheel/tire or would you run the 1" smaller spare until you could get to a shop or just ordering another larger tire for the spare rim?

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

and do most tire shops do the speedo conversion? pretty simple/cheap?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I have the 275/60R20 and they convert to a 33x11R20 so stock size is 31.6-.8 so its only an inch or so bigger than stock. They will fit fine and look good. I use Cooper Zeon LTZ and got the set for $700. There a P series which is what comes stock on 1500s so I don't see a point running a D or E series tires on a 1500. I took my spare off and use a can of fix-it-flat with my air compressor for train horns. You can limp around with the smaller spare on the front not running 4wd/awd. If your rear goes flat you need to swap the front with rear and run spare on front to eliminate bad differential wear from mismatch tire size. I did the speedo correct with a BB tune or you can get a hand held tuner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdalupan