2nd oem monitor install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Speedy188

Reaction score
I picked up a OEM for $100. I cant see why it would be so hard to find the pigtail wiring to run to the back DVD.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you mount this yet. Curious to how it goes

Kizmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wiring is absolutely not in the headliner. The third row video is only available in the XL models and adding actual factory parts is extremely expensive...I've priced it. I have however done this many times and have successfully interfaced into the factory system. You can play the same movie all the way through the truck or play a separate movie on the third row and listen independently through the wireless headphones.

I'm new here and working on adding a monitor to a 2009 Tahoe. Looks like $150 for a 7". How big are yours? and do they interfere with your rear view mirror?

mviinc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new here and working on adding a monitor to a 2009 Tahoe. Looks like $150 for a 7". How big are yours? and do they interfere with your rear view mirror?

Smallest would be a 9" and if you have a sunroof, then yes you will loose some rear view mirror visibility with the screen down. If you do not have a sunroof...you wouldn't really notice it.
Curious...what are you getting for $150.00...screen only? Does it match the headliner?

Kizmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Smallest would be a 9" and if you have a sunroof, then yes you will loose some rear view mirror visibility with the screen down. If you do not have a sunroof...you wouldn't really notice it.
Curious...what are you getting for $150.00...screen only? Does it match the headliner?

Sorry, That was supposed to read "17 inch" for $150.

Here is the link
http://www.gooddeals18.com/c=rOCWib...deo-roofmount-monitor-screen-lcd-monitor.html

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

eonon.com has some amazing prices as well. They also offer a 19" monitor.

What's the biggest monitor anyone has installed?

Is there a size that would NOT interfere with the rear view mirror?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968