3/5 drop - not quite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uncleiceberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so after a pain staking process of getting a 3/5 drop kit and getting it installed, I'm not a happy camper.

the front sits about an inch to an inch n half higher than the front, WTF, is this normal?

the guy at the shop said that it takes about 500 miles for the parts to "settle" so i've decided to come to the people who know the most about these truck, can anyone give me some input about what may be the problem, if any and what i can do to fix this or is it normal?

just want to move on the next project but this is really slowing things down.

thanks,

iB

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
You mean the front sits higher than the rear?

I've heard that it does take some time for it to settle. I have no idea how long it should take or even if it would settle that much.

I'm curious though, how much did all of that cost you?

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the front is sitting higher than the back you can adjust it with the torsion bars. What rear coils did you use? They will need to settle

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
If u mean the rear is higher and you want it level you can adjust the torsion bars so the front is level with the rear. If you are wanting to get the rear lower....... Your out of luck. You can remove the plastic isolators for another 1/4"-1/2"....

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figure I'll ask this here instead of a new thread since I'm kinda in the same boat.

Just did a 3/5 with DJM arms & DJM TB springs w/ the rear hardware kit.

My pass side front sat 1.5" higher than the driver side front. I adjusted the tbar bolt & now it's almost level...there is only 1/4" more bolt before I'm bottomed out. If I want to go lower do I need to add a drop key up front?

I'm gonna drive it for ~500 miles and see how things settle but so far it's not quite a low as I'd like. I'm going to take the plastic isolators off the rear springs to get a little lower out back but the front I'm not sure what to do with the pass side tbar nearly bottomed out on drop.

Cameron

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You mean the front sits higher than the rear?

I've heard that it does take some time for it to settle. I have no idea how long it should take or even if it would settle that much.

I'm curious though, how much did all of that cost you?

he got it from me its on my store section you can click the link on my sig

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Figure I'll ask this here instead of a new thread since I'm kinda in the same boat.

Just did a 3/5 with DJM arms & DJM TB springs w/ the rear hardware kit.

My pass side front sat 1.5" higher than the driver side front. I adjusted the tbar bolt & now it's almost level...there is only 1/4" more bolt before I'm bottomed out. If I want to go lower do I need to add a drop key up front?

I'm gonna drive it for ~500 miles and see how things settle but so far it's not quite a low as I'd like. I'm going to take the plastic isolators off the rear springs to get a little lower out back but the front I'm not sure what to do with the pass side tbar nearly bottomed out on drop.

Cameron

did you measure the truck before and after you lowered it? The arms should bring it down 3 inches from stock.

In front what do you measure from ground to fenderlip and in rear what do you measure from ground to fenderlip and on what tires??

Somethings up because with the 3 front and rear tb 4 inch drop springs the truck sits dead even to 1/4 inch higher in rear than front.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you measure the truck before and after you lowered it? The arms should bring it down 3 inches from stock.

In front what do you measure from ground to fenderlip and in rear what do you measure from ground to fenderlip and on what tires??

Somethings up because with the 3 front and rear tb 4 inch drop springs the truck sits dead even to 1/4 inch higher in rear than front.
I'll measure it tonight...I went over everything again & it all looks good. I'll post up my measurements when I get home

Cameron

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes please do because if its sitting 1.5 higher in front then rear means a arms only lowered 1.5 inches which is way off.

btw how does the rear ride

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good...only drove it home after the drop...rides ok with stock front shocks but I'm just gonna wait until I get the DJM's from ya. The rear was smooth...I can only imagine what the actual DJM Tahoe springs feel like...

Cameron

OP
OP
uncleiceberg

uncleiceberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm figuring that it will have to settle a bit but right now the rear is fine no issue there but the front almost looks like it's stock height minus an inch or so.

At least if it levels out i can turn the Torsion Keys and get the desired height but i dont want to turn them to much and have less travel. Such a pain in the ass.

iB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1

Latest posts