3/5 drop win Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

double trouble

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with McGaughys, and I must say the guy was exceptionally rude to me.

Here's what I'm trying to understand.

I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe with the Autoride suspension. I'm looking to do a 3/5 drop to it. Is this possible? What kit/part numbers do I need to make it work? I've searched this forum for a few hours, but haven't really found the information I'm looking for. All the websites suggest that the kits only work for non-autoride models.

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Ben

S.L.A.B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you could bag it. That would be clean with some 24s. But airbags are alot more then a 3/5 drop ha.

OP
OP
D

double trouble

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well you could bag it. That would be clean with some 24s. But airbags are alot more then a 3/5 drop ha.

I'm really trying to go for the least expensive, least Frankenstein approach possible. If I don't have to cut, weld, notch, etc etc, that would be the direction I'd like to go.

Thanks,
Ben

S.L.A.B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah go talk to (tony) NORCAL SS. he will hook you up for sure. post this in the DJM fourm and he will find ya'. good luck man, tell me what you find out and hopfully you will have some picures of a drop installed by then too =D

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ben, I had an autoride equipped truck and once I decided to go lower than 2/3 I scrapped all the autoride parts. It is my understanding that lower than 4" in the rear and your autoride parts really won't work as designed. I am currently at a 4.5/5.5 drop and I switched over to bilstein shocks. I think it is a big improvement over stock.

My drop consists of drop spindles, drop keys, trailblazer coils, axle relocation kit, travel mod, UCA camber bushings and new shocks all around. The other option is to replace the drop keys and spindles with new LCA from DJM. Either way, you'll want to save a few dollars to get the right components.

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Belltech 2508 spindles, decrank the keys just a hair, trim the stock bumpstops, free travel mod, belltech 34324 coils/shock extensions = 3/4.5 that will ride quite nice. Add some airlift helper bags if you tow but otherwise a nice setup, pm Tony and he will hook you up :cheers:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I pitched my autoride shocks about 4 setups ago lol. They're ok if you tow but I love my bilsteins.