4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckwild27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, the more squared off version. But are they still 20x9 +27 and they appear to fit? Thank you for following up.
Yes, they actually fit without cutting the caliper down. I had some 4mm spacers made so I didn't have to keep track of 4 washers every brake change. One of the calipers was defective, and I had to swap it out at work. I didn't have a grinder available. There's 2000 miles on them now no issues. FYI if you delete the vacuum pump you will need to press harder on the pedal in emergency braking. 20240918_134419.jpg20240918_134438.jpg

buckwild27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful, I recently acquired a set of OEM snowflakes with the same specs so I am banking on them fitting. Will be doing this swap on my 00 RCSB first, then on the 03 Denali. Thanks again
Have you looked into the 6 piston police tahoe caliper upgrade? I like the brake upgrades I did on my 14 sierra. I'm going to do the 6 piston calipers on the front of my 18 sierra with the camaro 4 piston calipers on the rear. Here's the rear of my 14 20240731_154347.jpg

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the 6 piston police tahoe caliper upgrade?

I absolutely have, but IMO the 4 pot swap is the best bang for buck upgrade on this platform. If I still had my 16 Silverado or a T1X, I'd absolutely consider the PPV brakes. My current 00 Silvy is just an ole 4.3 daily driver that I may end up doing an LS swap on in the future and the 03 Denali is a kid hauler that needs a paint job before anything else lol...

My Camaro already has 6 pots, and honestly it's been a love/hate experience because I like to mod and tinker with my vehicles and there is almost nothing I can do with it because it is as close to perfect from the factory as any car I've ever seen. So the mods go to the GMT800s lol

buckwild27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely have, but IMO the 4 pot swap is the best bang for buck upgrade on this platform. If I still had my 16 Silverado or a T1X, I'd absolutely consider the PPV brakes. My current 00 Silvy is just an ole 4.3 daily driver that I may end up doing an LS swap on in the future and the 03 Denali is a kid hauler that needs a paint job before anything else lol...

My Camaro already has 6 pots, and honestly it's been a love/hate experience because I like to mod and tinker with my vehicles and there is almost nothing I can do with it because it is as close to perfect from the factory as any car I've ever seen. So the mods go to the GMT800s lol
Yeah about the only thing you can do to the camaro is solid axle the rear. And that is only beneficial if it lives at a drag strip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate