3.5" Exhaust for 2018 Tahoe 6.2L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J5races

Reaction score
Anyone know of a 3.5" Stainless exhaust cat back kit for a 2018 Tahoe with 6.2L? I see MPRB sells a 3.5" kit for a Silverado but they said they dont make one for Tahoe. It looks like a few bends are missing on Silverado version.

I dont have a TIG welder or any fab tools to mod it myself, does anyone know who would sell one or make a 3.5" Exhaust ?

I want 3.5" for better flow with the 3.0L Whipple I have on my Tahoe. I would love an exhaust that doesn't drone, so one of those capped anti-drone tubes would be amazing.

Thanks All

Jon

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you need stainless?
You might talk to a local muffler shop that makes custom systems to see what they could do and charge.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go with a cat-back dual exhaust system with dual 3" pipes after the split (3.5" pipes before the split), and you will have plenty of exhaust freeboard to accommodate your Whipple. I use a Gibson Extreme cat-back dual exhaust with these specs, but I'm sure that it is too loud (and drone) for your preferences.

Last edited:

k_arnold72

Reaction score
The silverado version is longer. I picked up a silverado oem catback to modify(and retain my stock exhaust to swap back one day) and it's noticeably longer than what's on my 2018 Tahoe.

I'll try to get a picture of it next to the truck in-line with where it mounts up to the y pipe for reference...

Silverado catback seen here would def hit the rear axle unless shortened

Attachments

• 20240703_161038.jpg
    20240703_161038.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a 3.5" Stainless exhaust cat back kit for a 2018 Tahoe with 6.2L? I see MPRB sells a 3.5" kit for a Silverado but they said they dont make one for Tahoe. It looks like a few bends are missing on Silverado version.

I dont have a TIG welder or any fab tools to mod it myself, does anyone know who would sell one or make a 3.5" Exhaust ?

I want 3.5" for better flow with the 3.0L Whipple I have on my Tahoe. I would love an exhaust that doesn't drone, so one of those capped anti-drone tubes would be amazing.

Thanks All

Jon
Gibson made or makes a 3.5" exhaust for the GMT900 trucks and SUVs. Check them out.

It amazes me that these exhaust companies sell an inferior product by using 3 inch tubing when our factory exhaust is 3.5 inches. What's worse is that folks buy it!

OP
OP
J5races

J5races

Reaction score
Gibson made or makes a 3.5" exhaust for the GMT900 trucks and SUVs. Check them out.

It amazes me that these exhaust companies sell an inferior product by using 3 inch tubing when our factory exhaust is 3.5 inches. What's worse is that folks buy it!
I didn't realize stock exhaust is 3.5" Seems like I would want a 4" exhaust to breathe better. Anyone know a place that would sell and ship a 4" cat back exhaust that isn't too crazy expensive?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize stock exhaust is 3.5" Seems like I would want a 4" exhaust to breathe better. Anyone know a place that would sell and ship a 4" cat back exhaust that isn't too crazy expensive?
Too big unless you are pushing 500+ horsepower. The 6.6 Duramax diesel's though use that size or larger so you may want to check with those who make their systems.

OP
OP
J5races

J5races

Reaction score
Too big unless you are pushing 500+ horsepower. The 6.6 Duramax diesel's though use that size or larger so you may want to check with those who make their systems.
Whipple claims the Gen V kit makes 535hp to the wheels. I gotta think bigger exhaust piping will help at that power level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavouk