3 inch body lift with 6 inch suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeriousSide97

Reaction score
guys I already have a 6 inch lift on my 97. Can I add a 3 inch body lift and what will need to be changed? will I have to get a different drive axle? Or is it as simple as just adding the lift?

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
body lift has no affect on suspension. is yours 2 or 4 dr? i got myt body lift from summit racing. was 171 to my door 2 summers ago. the rear bumper can be lifted by zone off road brackets or cut and welding frame higher. you can get some spray paint and make the frame look better after it. its pretty simple. instructuons say take seat out but i didnt the cable will move by itself. the parking cable was the only trouble i had. all you will need is a floor jack and some blocks of wood to raise the jack up since your truck is lifted more. place a long piece of wood on pinch seem to spread the load out, i bent part of mine. you can do it with simple hand tools in drive way. i did mine when i was 15 with the help of some friends. spray all of the bolts a few times a day the week before you attempt to do it.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got it right. You are only lifting the body of the truck up off the frame. All shocks, brakes and all that are still attached to the frame and do not change.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah you have to add the steering extension.. its unbolting one bolt and sliding the new on and re tighten 2 bolts then. didnt touch my brake lines or anything else. only thing i extended was steering. everyone says you have to extend alot and its hard but tis not. the floor t case linkage all moved and mine shifts fine still. no probelms with that either

OP
OP
S

SeriousSide97

Reaction score
so what will i have to buy?

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

big blue what the paint code for your tahoe? thats like a light blue right?

WhiteWarWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the bottom half of the fan shroud has been the issue with a few of the body lifts i have helped with, i believe the summit racing kit comes with spacers to extend the shroud

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what will i have to buy?

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

big blue what the paint code for your tahoe? thats like a light blue right?

dont remember off the top of my head. i can get the paint cod efor you. yeah its a light blue and silver bottom havent seen too many like it.

on my lower fan shroud i had to cut out a small section for the rad hoses to clear. can get pics if needed, but they kit came with spacers to drop thelower section down to clear the fan

alex1268

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 3 In body lift on mine and the bottom half of the fan shroud was the only thing that was an issue. I just left it off and put back the top half. There are kits to replace it but you might as well get an electronic fan. It will replace the mechanical one and give your engine a little more power.

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just body lifted mine this weekend. I did the PA kit which came with everying thing. 203$ shipped to my door from 4wheelparts.com. I had to notch my fan shroud and weld a bracket (which comes in the kit) for my emergency brake. The bracket is actually meant to be bolted on but i didnt wanna screw with it. Just welded it. The drive shaft is super easy to extend. It was a nice little friday-saturday project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968