305/45/22 fitment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdoa

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 99 suburban stock height with the factory fender flares. I'm looking to put 22s on the truck with 305/45/22. Does anybody know what kind of offset I should go with? I want the wheels to be flush and not tucked in at all. I know the rear is more narrow so I would put a spacer if needed. I'm not worried about a little trimming if needed. Thanks guys

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but am getting the thought that 305/45-22 might be pushing it a bit on a stock ride height Hoe.

Maybe 285/45-22, or 305/40-22 instead would be a safer bet? You've probably already studied tire specs, and I'm thinking there may be indeed a need for some height tweaking. Usually the back isn't the problem, it's the front. I'm sure offset can be important and critical, and not necessarily for outboard clearance, but as well as inboard clearance too.

I'm curious too, if anyone here knows the actual difference in tracking width from the front, to the rear of such Tahoes. Isn't the '99 considered a NBS versus my 1997 Hoe?

I understand what you say about a spacer, the question I would have, would be how thick? 1/4"? 3/8"? or ?

I know all too often, one has little in the way of experimentation with such sizes when we walk into a business, that we commit, buy, then find out later about issues, which of course is no fun.
Mark

devnull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I run 305/40-22s on my 99 Yukon. Offset on my rims is 8 from what I can ascertain.. I bought them on Discount Tire Direct, and they're not sold anymore.. so I had to discern from other information sources. Right now I'm at stock height, but in the process of lowering 4 inches on the front. I have a feeling i'll need to bust out the grinder to do something about the rub on the front fender. My recommendation: don't use 305s. Go with 285s and a profile that's slightly lower than the 305-40s. My notes tell me that 305-40 is 31.6 inches, and 285-40 is 30.97 inches. That would be my recommendation, regardless of whether or not you play with the offset. If you did run 285-40 you could go inside a few mm and not rub the fender under most driving conditions, even with 5 inches of drop. Flush n clean. Holla back if you guys implement this setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035