35" tire mounted inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I hated having my tire mounted up on my roof. I had it one my Jeep. Though it was only a 31in tire it sucks if you do have to bring her on down. Just picture being in mud or in snow and you gotta change it. As if it is not a headache enough bad weather added and lifting 50+lbs off ya roof is a PITA.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
I hated having my tire mounted up on my roof. I had it one my Jeep. Though it was only a 31in tire it sucks if you do have to bring her on down. Just picture being in mud or in snow and you gotta change it. As if it is not a headache enough bad weather added and lifting 50+lbs off ya roof is a PITA.

:laughing1: I can see the article title in the newspaper ......
"Man Dies when Spare Tire falls on His Head"......no bueno

Last edited:

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also thought about this for when i get bigger tires and wheels and a lift. I was thinking about making a cool rear organizer with the spare laying flat on the back floor and then with mdf making a box around it with a lockable lid that could house my spare and a matching wheel and tire like the other 4 and also the amp for my stereo system. with some of thsoe stretchy basket thingies that hang on the back of the front seats on the box. that way i can still hold groceries on in the back, they would just be ontop of the new box. that was just a thought though. I thought it would look pretty neat and diff. I think someone on here i think (might be on fullsizechevy) did something like this. except it was a few shelves that he slid tools under and still had like a "platform".

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah +2 on having it on the roof sucking lol, i had it on the roof of my jeep and it sucked, and those lifted are nowhere near as tall as these trucks are lifted, i eventually got a rear spare tire carrier bumper but i think these trucks have a little more room in the back then a jeep cherokee lol

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wheel is an ATX Teflon something with a procomp extreme AT 35x12.5.17. I can't wait to do this. I may start this weekend

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have a plan on how your gonna mount it, my first thought was a baja type tire mount would be sweet but pretty impractical haha

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock location is the plan with a little tweaking of the brackets. I am yet to even pull the spare out to look at it because once I start I need to finish. I also need to tackle the steering in the tahoe this weekend but it is going to snow 4"+ tomorrow....**** THAT.

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah lucky you, we may get a dusting if were lucky down here in virginia, sucks cause i love snow haha