35" tire mounted inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not ready for snow lols. my tires are bald. snow in a nother week or 2 and were good, ill have 35 bfg muds on there. idk where to put my spare either i took the stock out a long time ago after i raised rear bumper. i tried putting the stock tire on the roof one time... was no easy task dont want to even try a 35 lol. i dont think it would fit down low any more either. i always have my seats down but i may if i carry my spare all the time make like a false floor that goes above the tire and then its hidden and you can still put whatever ya need back there on top of it

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a 35 will fit in the back and you can modify the original bracket to work with the now taller tire. (may be able to half ass it the way it is.)

i have a spare sitting in the garage ready to go into the hoe whenever i find the time to shave an inch or two off the width of the sub box and tweek the stock spare mount.

when you get the chance to pull the old (and pretty useless) stock spare out of your hoe you'll see how easy it is really. basically i plan to raise the actual "mount" section of the spare bracket to be level with the now higher rim center and push it toward the window about an inch. possibly just cut out the original vertical piece and weld in a piece of 1/4x4" flat plate, redrill for the hold down bolt. \

not looking forward to cutting down my sub box... pretty fond of how well it came out. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian