383 Stroker Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSSpeck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All,
so I pulled the tired 298k motor from my 99 Yukon. I'm taking an Engine class at a local Community College. They have an awesome machine shop set up. Some of the instructors build their own racing motors in the shop.
So with the money I'll be saving by doing the build myself, I'd like to rebuild it using a 383 Stroker kit, probably from Summit.
My question is what cam do you think I should use? It's a daily driver and trail truck. I'd like more HP and TQ at the lower end, but need to consider drivability and passing CA Smog Test.

Ideas? GO!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
how about base it on the cam that gm uses in the ht383e? while never cali certified residents here install them all the time and have always passed emissions without issues. This from a few of the many dealers i asked about using it.

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant offer you any advice but do keep us posted on your build and performance when complete. I'm considering the same motor in my '98 door with 260k on the clock. What transmission are you running? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby