4 dr Tahoe/Yukon for camping??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted my rear hatch to open when pushed the button.... I went to Napa and looked through the hatch strut book until i found one that was rated for just a little more lift than the stock ones. Hit the button and it pops right open.

Reaction score
My wife and I have slept in the back of my 4 door 4x4 Hoe. I'm also 6'2, like you, and with her in there, I could not sleep straight. I'm too long for the cargo area. Maybe if I were alone and could sleep diagonally, it would work OK.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try it with a 4 fishing rods, large cooler and tackle box.....not very comfortable to say the least! :(

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate that there is no way to open the barn doors from the inside.:emotions122:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
early to mid 90"s 4x4 suburban is your best choice, Tons of room in the back.
Guys here on the gulf coast use them for week long fishing trips.

Buy a honda "quiet" generator and a window Rv roof mounted AC. Geet a full length roof basket, mounted up on thin rubber isolators. then mount thr Ac and gennie on rubber isolators and you will never know they are on.
Plump the Fuel for the gennie into one of the 2 massive 25 gallon fuel tanks and you are good to go..

Paint rear glass black on inside then cover it with dynomat and the sun wont bother you in the mornin, aswell as it will keep the Sleeping area nice and cool all day long.

As for sleeping, look for aluminum framed cots, remove the legs and bolt them to the innder body of the burban with hinges so they can be folded up when not in use. if done correctly, you can mount two on each side if you chose too.
If you wanted to go all out, get a headliner mounted fold down display and mount it up in venter for some Tv or movie late nights...

Theres some awesome Rigs that cruise up and down PINS here in texas..
These guys sleep like kings in these Burbans..
you can buy and rig completly one out including MPG mods for cheaper than you can buy a decent 2000+ Tahoe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trailblazr81

Reaction score
This is what I got... 1997 Yukon 4x4 2" lift 33's with 124k miles. Traded my 98 Ranger 4x4 for it.

348iuqq.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Room for air mattress, suitcase, cooler, and some other crap inside. Also theres a button on the dash to pop the rear hatch. I think It will do nicely.
30jteti.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968