4l60e TTC and EPC replacment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stiffler63

Reaction score
My new project has some issues in the 4l60e the Tq convertor locks and unlocks at 40mph and 60mph and it bangs into revers or drive out of park but shifts out fine the rest of the time. Going to change both of those solenoids. Will be my first time doing anything to an auto trans besides changing filter and fluid or swapping one out. Anything else I should change out wile Im going this far.

OP
OP
S

Stiffler63

Reaction score
Thanks I ordered parts today hope they are in when I work off next week so I can get it taken care of. They could have drove it like this for a long time odometer had 240k on it but I would imagine its been rebuilt or a used one put in by the looks of the rest of the truck they were not nice to it.

OP
OP
S

Stiffler63

Reaction score
changed the epc still shifting extreamly hard into R and D ujoints are tight does it in 4x4 or 2wd could it be in the transfer case or rearend? Im lost on this one.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Shifting from reverse to drive hard should not be the fault of a t-case or diffy. Scan for codes even if you do not have a CEL on as there are some tranny codes that do not trigger it.

OP
OP
S

Stiffler63

Reaction score
My curent coad reader will not do this need to buy a new one which one do you use?

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know as mine ages that it does clunk into D and R more it did than 70k miles ago. things age, parts wear and all of the little slop adds up.

OP
OP
S

Stiffler63

Reaction score
Mine make the whole Yukon jump even if my foots not on the brake itnwont last long like that luckly its not my daily driver

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you can use any obd2 code reader. I personally use a snapon mt2500 and pc-based code scanners.

Also a clunk much different issue than a hard shift.

OP
OP
S

Stiffler63

Reaction score
A hard shift for sure wires looked good on the epc. None of the local shops have a real scan tool. I live in bfe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx