4WD/Auto/2WD Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe 4 x 4 by only came with 2 Wheel Dr., auto and four high. Which ones have 4 low as well?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe 4 x 4 by only came with 2 Wheel Dr., auto and four high. Which ones have 4 low as well?

Some have the two speed transfer case. Comes with the max towing package with 4wd. All the 4wd Denalis have it.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the dealer with oil change and the guy told me is 4 recalls in the 4wd. Is crazy when this going to end, the grinding noise when the car is in auto or 4wd is very bad.
They have to come with the solution soon isn't right.
[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your truck "bang" into 4wd? My new 2015 seems to make a lot of noise as it switches. More so into 4L. I insured to shift in Neutral and rolling 1-2 mph as manual states and it just seems loud. Might be normal, I just don't know. Also, does 4L fell like slack or very jerky in the drivetrain?
Thanks
SOS

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your truck "bang" into 4wd? My new 2015 seems to make a lot of noise as it switches. More so into 4L. I insured to shift in Neutral and rolling 1-2 mph as manual states and it just seems loud. Might be normal, I just don't know. Also, does 4L fell like slack or very jerky in the drivetrain?
Thanks
SOS
Anyone else? I am disappointed in the trans shifting and the transfer case clunking/ bank when engaging it. For what this truck costs it should be silky smooth.
I understand a little noise when engaging 4l but not a banging thud. I don't see how this is normal. Now I'll have to deal with crappy dealership service to have this investigated, to hear back its operating normally.

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks
SOS

So I played around with 4WD again today and it was whisper quiet changing in all settings. Maybe it was an anomaly for the first couple times. Not sure. Strange..
I am happier and a bit relieved.

I need to check its birthday to see if the trans SW update is needed still, or I suppose I can call dealer and asked them.

Good forum, thanks all!

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I played around with 4WD again today and it was whisper quiet changing in all settings. Maybe it was an anomaly for the first couple times. Not sure. Strange..
I am happier and a bit relieved.

I need to check its birthday to see if the trans SW update is needed still, or I suppose I can call dealer and asked them.

Good forum, thanks all!

I take it back... Tried again today 2x going into Low then back to 2wd and it bangs and jerks each time . Doesn't seem right. Hope it didn't damage anything. Disappointing...... Will have dealer ride with me during first oil change .