5701 Viper for $90

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With everything I added it was 650 for the install. Took them just about 10 hours, said they ran into trouble with existing wiring or something. Everything is good though and works good. They did glass break, tilt, backup battery, pizo alarm, hooked something up to moniter the hood, and the transponder thing you have to get for it all to work. They also have it so my defrost comes on under 55*. Seemed a little high of a temperature but whatever, anyone know if the temp is easy to cahnge?

They also said they couldnt make my heated seats come on under a certain temp because they run on 9 volts or something. Anyone know if this is true?

I also dont like the blue led that flashes for an hour or whatever after you arm it. There a way to turn that off? If not I might paint over it with black paint or something. Otherwise I like it and it works great!

you could probably check out that pdf link a few posts back and read thru the manual to see if you can change temp setting. others i believe were able to do the heated seats, so something tells me that maybe they didn't know how to get it to work maybe?

i think i'm going to pick one of these up. but i might end up upgrading the transponder and remote to the 5901 models. also have to think about which add ons i want.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I gotta read through that again and see if I can tweak some stuff. Im gonna make a new thread for tweaking it and heated seats so this one doesnt get bogged down with technical stuff

edbitrano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To be fair - I purchased a few of these 5701's from this vendor and they always did what they said they will do. The warranty is for 3 years - more then enough for me. The "refurbished" units are basically brand new - This is the best deal online for a quality alarm and starter with 2 way remotes.

Great deal and thanks for the post.

I'm always wary of that place, the lack of warranty makes me nervous.

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair - I purchased a few of these 5701's from this vendor and they always did what they said they will do. The warranty is for 3 years - more then enough for me. The "refurbished" units are basically brand new - This is the best deal online for a quality alarm and starter with 2 way remotes.

Great deal and thanks for the post.

X2, There is absolutely nothign wrong with a refurbed rs alarm. and regarding bringing it to a best buy, it honestly is a crap shoot. I worked at a best buy installing and we were all really good. We soldered every connection, hid the brains well and did reallygood installs. But the best buy on teh other side of town, some of them were hacks. The most important part of installing these things is the installer. Do the new tahoes and yukons need bypasses?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked one of these up for $85.12 shipped after putting in code 'Tina' for 5% off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100