6.0 Swap Time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Reaction score
I would probably replace the rear main seal on the swapped engine. That's one thing I wish I did on my 99 Silverado and I think it's starting to leak slightly (I just did the oil pan and pickup tube o-ring.) These seals start leaking with age and high mileage.

Probably I would do a complete seal kit since engine will be out: valve covers, valley cover, front main, rear main, oil pan, and pickup tube.
I have a complete gasket and seal kit for the 6.0. Everything is getting replaced in that respect. I know the oil pumps can be a later problem as well, so i'll be replacing that too.

OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Reaction score
6.0 arrived today. Unfortunately, the ignition coils and wires were damaged in transit. It appears to have a fuel return, but i'm not sure.

Are the 5.3 wires and coils interchangeable with the 6.0?

Attachments

• 20240605_104146.jpg
    20240605_104146.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240605_115250.jpg
    20240605_115250.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Reaction score
I'm having a hell of a time finding someone to reflash the ECM. I tried talking to Flagship One about it. They told me it was not possible to reflash my 5.3 to operate the 6.0, or reflash a 6.0 to my VIN, and that doing so was illegal. I can't imagine that's even remotely true. Does anyone know of a business or individual that can do this for a reasonable price?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hell of a time finding someone to reflash the ECM. I tried talking to Flagship One about it. They told me it was not possible to reflash my 5.3 to operate the 6.0, or reflash a 6.0 to my VIN, and that doing so was illegal. I can't imagine that's even remotely true. Does anyone know of a business or individual that can do this for a reasonable price?
@BlackBearPerf is a member here and can help you out...

redhat9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having the calibration on the PCM adjusted to run the LQ9 should be very easy for any tuner. You can license your current PCM with HPTuners and copy all of the engine and engine diagnostic parameters from the same or similar OS from an Escalade calibaration. Biggest thing you'll want to keep is your injector data from your L59 calibration.

Additionally, if you have anyone local who has a J-box (J2534) tool and knows Universal Patcher/PCM Hammer, the calibration can be adjusted without any credit licensing.

Agreed with others who mention using your known good Coils and L59 injectors. Being a flex-fuel truck it should be returnless. The flex fuel injectors do have a higher lb/hr flow rate than a truck injector, so you have some room for growth if wanted. But I doubt you'd ever be bumping up against max duty cycle on plan gas/LM7/etc. injector.

Just word of advice, from factory, LQ9s do enjoy premium and are validated with it.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are very much mistaken. We tune for that swap on a regular basis and would love to help you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grantprior13