6.0 Swap Time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Reaction score
So my 6.0 Swap is finally done! For someone who's never done this before, I think I did pretty good. Only issue I ran into was I forgot to put the metal gasket between the passenger side exhaust manifold and the exhaust pipe. Easy fix.

The difference in power is unreal, even without a tune. Still, I don't want to push my luck with it.

No codes, no problems. All the other issues I had with the 5.3 are gone! No more perpetual knock sensor code, no more valve tick, no more oil pressure gauge going haywire. I am so relieved to be ALMOST done with this swap.

Now I'm just waiting for my tuned computer from Blackbear Performance to really wake it up. I couldn't have done it without the help and advice you guys provided me. Thank you all.

On an unrelated note, another problem has reared its head. It seems the slip yoke on the forward drive shaft is making a horrendous clunking noise around 30-40 MPH. It moves quite a bit if I grab it and twist it. I'll post a video of what I mean, but this problem has been driving me nuts since before the swap (Honestly thought it was rod knock in the old 5.3). I tried greasing it up, and that helped for a very short period, but it seems like it may need to be replaced. Any advice or ideas?

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I returned mine starting from LM7 baseline to LQ9 using HPT. It will run otherwise. But will run much better with an appropriate tune.

You can segment swap motor stuff from a LQ9 engine as well. I however started and tuned on my own.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a look at mine later today when I'm under there, to see how much movement is in mine compared to yours. Is the clunking noise coming from the T case or from the front diff?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The only difficulty it seems i will have is finding an engine hoist tall enough to remove/install. It has a 7 in. lift.
Remove the wheels and lower the vehicle to some blocks.

Update, I see you already dud the engine swap. I'm late to the party

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts