6.0 swap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I got a great deal on a 6.0 for my hoe. As time goes on the deal is not as sweet as it started out being. I was supposed to get the motor and all kinds of other accessories with it including the ecm. So I am told this motor has an upgraded cam in it but no clue as to what cam or any specs on it. I also did not receive the ecm. Will it run with my 5.3 ecu until I can get it tuned? Is the lack of info on the cam going to cause me problems when I do get it tuned? I am torn as to weather I should just put the motor in and run it or if I should swap the cam out before I install the motor so I know whats in it

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
It will run with the 5.3 ecu, but not sure how well it will run with the aftermarket cam. I would think you should still be able to get it tuned without knowing cam specs, might just take a little longer to tweak and fine tune it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee